Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

RST information..

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 01:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RST information..

hey guys, new to posting here, but i participate a lot on LS1tech. I'm curious about, and gathering some information on RST's. i recently found one I'm interested in, but have a few questions.

1. I'm wanting to know what all documentation comes with the RST's when purchased? any build papers, performance documentation, warrenty information from Regency?

2. I've looked at RST's online on Regency's site and noticed that they all have front grills, with fog lamps, and body painted Chevrolet emblems, as well as the billet grill inserts. the one i found has a basic Silverado front, with NO fog lamps (but has fog lamp switch in cabin), OEM Chevrolet emblem, and no billet inserts. basically as if Regency never touched the front. is this normal? Also the side mirrors have the chrome on them, and are not all color matched to the body.

3. What kinda mufflers came on RST's? the one I'm looking at has Flow master mufflers, but i was under the impression they came with Corsa mufflers?

The rest of the truck is deffinatly RST. It's black with red stripes, has the 20" Foose wheels, with the upgraded Force brakes. Rears are drum (06). The interior is the black/suede combo with red stitching. its the 4.8 5spd, with white Regency shift ****, carbon fiber dash. Basically the interior is undoubtedly RST. The truck has the built in exhaust tips in the rear bumper, and RST spoiler. Couldnt tell what kinda suspension it had, all i could see was the front springs were blue. All i could really see being wrong with the truck is the front grill, side mirrors, and mufflers. I work at a Dealership though, so i think i can get the fog lamps and lower bumper peice with the small billet grill insert fairly easy, as long as its not a proprietary Regency part. So the front i beleive i can fix to correctly look like a RST. I'm just a little leary about why the front is a stock Silverado grill. So thats why I'm asking if any RST's came with stock front grills? I just dont want to buy someones RST clone. Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to clarify some things about the truck and get some questions answered. Thanks for the help.

Jon
Old 10-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Launching!

1- Yes lots of documentation, 3/36 warranty just like reg chevy warranty on all parts
2-If the front is different, the truck has been wrecked most likely, they all are built the same
3-exhaust is from regency, in a no-name muffler case that looks exactly like a flowmaster, call the regency parts dept and ask, or go to www.regencyrep.com for all regency info! fyi-ill never buy another one...you can build a better truck imo without the big price
Old 10-22-2007, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

There are different packages that regency offer. I want to say they differ in price from around 6 thousand to 10 thousand dollars. From what I have seen the cheaper package just does not have the interior and usually doesnt have the painted mirrors and handles. However, that black one should have the regency front end with the fogs. Also I have not ever seen or heard of the chrome mirrors either. I would take a very close look at the truck and take it for a good drive. Get under that thing, look under the hood, look it over very well. Look at bolts for marks on them, check out the plastic clips that hold the radiator shroud on, see if there missing or damaged anywhere else. Check out the frame in the front, and where the bumper is bolted to the frame. Chances are it once had the regency front set up. Does it have fog lights at all? Check to see what they did with the wiring for them.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:21 PM
formerly 1fstrst (11/25/2010)

Some of the RST's didn't come with the round fog lights. However you should still have the grill insert, color matched mirrors etc... It maybe the owner might have just changed the front emblem or the mirrors. Or me might have wrecked it and tried to save some money by putting stock silverado parts on it. As stated before, check it out GOOD. You can see what I'm talking about with the front end, RED04's sig shows what I'm talking about( no round fogs)

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...=401588&page=3
Old 11-04-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Are some things like fog lights, only available through Regency? I have some busted ones and need a new pair or just one. Also what muffler came on the 04's? Mines rusted out
Old 11-04-2007, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by a98ws6
Are some things like fog lights, only available through Regency? I have some busted ones and need a new pair or just one. Also what muffler came on the 04's? Mines rusted out
If you want the factory parts that came on the truck from regency, then yes you have to visit a regency dealership. As for the muffler, I believe it is an off-brand flowmaster.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Anybody know what size the muffler is? I mean the inlet and outlet? Im going to put a super 44 in its place. Also what thread size the shift **** is? Im going to replace mine with a black one.
Thanks
Old 11-07-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

jamie, we need to hook up. i want to check your out

mines damn near perfect.....so far
Old 11-08-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by booger78z28
jamie, we need to hook up. i want to check your out

mines damn near perfect.....so far