Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new shoes for the truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 12:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new shoes for the truck

Just had to give a shout to superchargedss and post up the pics of the wheels mounted up. I went from 22x10 Akuza wheels to the 22x8.5 and 22x10 staggered set up.

Name:  photo24.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  691.0 KB

Name:  photo23.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  697.3 KB

Next up is the Baer rear disc conversion with the 14" rotors to match the front upgrade
Old 06-17-2012, 07:19 AM
On The Tree

Default nice wheels

is this your first staggered setup? i have a staggered setup on my e46(bimmer) and am sorry i did it. uneven(front/rear)tire wear is my issue. i use miches and they last a long time.

i'm facing new tires on my truck and am considering my options(wheels/tires).
Old 06-17-2012, 07:48 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Staggered has nothing do do with your tire wear. You need an alignment or shocks. Alignment includes anything that is loose in the front end because it can't be aligned until all ball joints, tie rods, and other components are fixed.

They don't look like a very helpfull track set up. I would assume you have sticky tires on the rear but they are still heavy as hell and the fronts are wider then a cooper mini. Weight is the main objective of a drag set up and saving 3 lbs. on a set of 22s isn't going to make a difference.

The second idea of track tires is skinny fronts for two reasons. The first is obvious that a skinnier tire will have less rolling resistance. The second is that skinnier tire has less rubber touching the insanely sticky track. I don't know how many people have walked on a well prepped track but it take some serious effort to pick up your feet. I would love to do some testing but I would guess that an 8" wide tire to a 3.5" tire of the same weight and everything on a prepped track would drop .1-.3 in the 1/4 mile. Again this is an educated guess but if any one has any info for or against it I would love to see it. I can't find that anyone has tested it.

The good news is the wheels look good, I just wouldn't call them a track set up.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not a track setup, I want to lower the truck some more and with the old rims, the tires rubbed the fenders right at the edge of the tread. These tuck under much better, so hopefully I can come down without hitting. I race the truck, but it's not serious enough to get a dedicated drag setup. The rotor upgrade up front won't allow for a true drag wheel anyways.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:53 AM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<<<Jealous..I was eyeballing those..But I am going to get some Boze forged 20" instead..I would consider the Z06 BBK over the 14" rotor upgrade..It would look SOOOO good on your truck/wheel combo..And perform better..You will only be in it $1000 more to boot......
Old 06-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hahahaha my bad thought the title said Track not Truck!! oops.

Like I said at the end they look great and are an upgrade in my eyes but it sure as hell didn't make any sense that they were for the track, good thing is they aren't! Nice upgrade.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

If I can find all the pieces to do the vette conversion on the back I'd consider it. The Baer kit is only like $1500 and it bolts on. I did the 15" Baer upgrade for the front already. I used the kit that just relocates the stock caliper for now, but I'll eventually go to the upgraded calipers. Thanks Custm, lol.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:44 AM
The House is Rockin'

I was lookin at those wheels also lol, they look ******* on your truck man!
Old 06-17-2012, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

those look badass, nice choice!!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Love those wheels superchargedSS's truck was definite inspiration for me

For those who dont know the truck heres the pic

Quick Reply: new shoes for the truck