Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Kit is Installed....pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 09:06 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Kit is Installed....pics inside

Well, over the last "few" days, I got the leather installed. Let me start out by saying that I am very happy with the kit, especially considering I only paid $229 + $65 shipping for it. It's not made by Katzkin, but by a company called Distinctive Industries. This **** is no where near as easy as it looks. I also did a search, and saw a post where Chris99GMC said that he installed his with the seats still in the truck!!! That is a bad man! Anyway, here are the pics below. I think it looks good...and it smells GREAT! What do you all think? Don't mind the dirty floor mat, I still need to vacuum (that doesn't look like it's spelled right, but it is!) and clean the interior up, but you get the idea.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Installed the leathers with the seat still in the truck

Looks good man. Mine weren't too hard to install, I did them in a day. But man did my hands hurt afterword. All that pulling tugging and stretching.

How did you get the seats so cheap?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Saw them on Ebay under search word "Silverado Leather". He has/had some other kits, but not sure if they sold or not. I sent GreenTahoe a link to a Tahoe/Yukon kit that he had cheap also, but I'm not sure if he bought it or not.

You' ain't bullshiting about sore fingers. I'm not a little guy, 5'9 / 205lbs. and consider myself fairly strong (over 300 lb bench press), and I WRESTLED the CRAP out of these suckers. I don't see how a little guy could do it. But I'm sure there is some little asian lady at an uphostery shop somewhere who could have done the whole job in about an hour. I guess it's knowing the "secrets", and I don't know any. My fingers feel like they have been shuffling razor blades!

Check out post #4 of this thread:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...still+in+truck

Last edited by BADMOFO; 03-22-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:59 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They look great man, and that's an awesome price...love that leather smell too. They'll get even better as they stretch and get worn in and all the little wrinkles work their way out.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:39 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by budhayes3
They look great man, and that's an awesome price...love that leather smell too. They'll get even better as they stretch and get worn in and all the little wrinkles work their way out.
Thanks for all of the compliments. I've heard that they will kinda "work themselves in" as time goes. Those pictures are literally 5 minutes after I put the seats back in. I didn't even vacuum it or clean the interior. I just couldn't wait. Didn't really realize it was that dirty (floormat) until I saw the picture.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:19 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

congrats! damn, looks very nice
Old 03-23-2006, 10:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks damn good.

Did these go over the stock cloth or did you remove the cloth then install the leather?
Old 03-23-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im gonna get some synthetic leather covers, don't have the bucks to pay for the real thing lol
Old 03-23-2006, 11:07 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Thanks guys. These installed in place of the factory covers. The factory covers came off pretty easily, except for the back part of the front seats. I actually had to cut the seams to get them off. I figured they would still be salvagable and maybe I could get a couple bucks for the covers if somebody wanted to change colors or had cigarette burns in theirs or something.

01LR4, keep an eye out on Ebay under a search for Silverado Leather. You can find some deals on there from time to time for the real deal.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks good!!, are they suposed to shrink some? alos what is up with your rear door pannel?

Quick Reply: Leather Kit is Installed....pics inside