Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

SVT Lightning kill

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SVT Lightning kill

This made my day!
Followed this guy outta the gas station after he got sideways leaving the pump. Met him at the red light down the street and asked him what he had done, all i heard was pulley, "chip", exhaust, when i asked him how much boost i think he said 14 psi...? He did say it pegs his boost gauge but idk how much psi that actually is.
Anywho he hit it first from the light then I hit it and as soon as i spooled up i was pullin past him and continued to pull up to about 90 when i let off.
Now I thought these trucks were fast, but i mean all i have is a non i/c mp70...lol
He did have some big 'ole 22's on his truck but man i still pulled him hard!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice kill! That's bad ***. You running 5 psi?
Old 07-07-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much power do you make with a non intercooled setup.. I ask because I've been thinking of putting a snail on the ol'Ram
Old 07-07-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW I tried to race a lightning a few weeks ago and he laughed at me....Didn't even give me a chance to tell him my POS ram may actually be quick. I was pretty sure his lightning was stock so it may have been a good matchup
Old 07-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
how much power do you make with a non intercooled setup.. I ask because I've been thinking of putting a snail on the ol'Ram
Im not sure to be honest. Ive just been street tuning it and havent had it on a dyno yet
Old 07-07-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Ive never thought lightnings were all that fast.. Not untill some serious work was done to them.. My friends 08 5.3 with just exhaust/tune/150shot walked all over this guys supercharged harley davidson f150 a couple weeks ago that had full exhaust/pulley/"chip" and claimed to hang with modded 03 cobras.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:47 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice run OP, I've had a few Lightnings for lunch and dinner before, they are fun!!

And I wouldn't believe the guy claiming he was hanging with modded 03 cobra's with a HD truck, too full of to believe.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Nice run OP, I've had a few Lightnings for lunch and dinner before, they are fun!!

And I wouldn't believe the guy claiming he was hanging with modded 03 cobra's with a HD truck, too full of to believe.
Thanks man, That was my first goal after the turbo kit was to eat up a lightning and it happened pretty easily.
But your right those 03-04 cobras can be wicked
Old 07-12-2011, 05:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

good kill man haha
Old 07-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Teching In

The gauge doesn't "peg" and if he "maxed" it out he's at 10psi..

No one runs a chip in these trucks anymore either so he was probably full of sh*t. Looking at your mod list looks like you ran into a pretty tame lightning.

The issue most of us L owners have when explaining stuff to people is the fact that there are too many variables. The condition of the truck, which pulley they are running (it could be NUMEROUS sizes) A guy could have a 2lb lower and stock upper or they coudl have a 10lb lower and a 2.73 upper and both guys will say "I got a pulley..) One is a low 13s truck the other is an 11s truck. The biggest difference what kind of tune, etc etc. BTW large 22s have a MASSIVE effect on performance with these trucks (All vehicles in general but for some reason the Ls are horrible with them).

They are low compression forged and built motored trucks made for FI.. Taking your higher compression motors,and adding FI to it is not the same. That's basic FI 101...

And don't get me started about the people that brag about beating you using anything more than a 75 shot.. ROFL. GJ taking the easy way out...

At the end of the day however, a win is a win so congratulations. Don't let your one run in set the mood. You'll hear more lopsided/bullsh*t/off the wall runs against Lightnings more than any other truck because 1, its the only truck that the general public recognizes as a "fast truck" universally and all in all it makes for the best story to tell the kids. LOL! Saying "I never thought Lightnings were fast" is basically saying, "I never thought ANY truck was fast" (And I'd agree with you coming from a 11s 383 stroked '65 C-10 myself not to mention the single digit 4 bangers)And do yourself a favor and not mention the performance of a HD and then apply it to a lightning.. Besides being much heavier they are detuned as well from factory. There's a pretty sizable difference.

/rant... long boring night on the road cruising with some friends tryin to stay awake and thought I'd stir the pot...

Last edited by C9A1L1L; 07-22-2011 at 04:58 AM.

Quick Reply: SVT Lightning kill