Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

SVT Lightning kill

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude. Wake up. This is a chevy forum. You will accomplish nothing defending fords on here.

It's like us having kill stories on vettes and other high end fast cars. We know they are better stock but it's fun to beat one once in a while.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He clearly stated he just wanted to stir the pot. Looks like it worked.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Resident

nice OP!

back when mine was non-intercooled I was insanely slow, I don't think I could even beat a stock Prius, the IAT were screwing me CRAZY bad. I was using a mail order tune though, so it was extremely conservative, pulling time
Old 07-28-2011, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GodBuiltMy5oh
Dude. Wake up. This is a chevy forum. You will accomplish nothing defending fords on here.

It's like us having kill stories on vettes and other high end fast cars. We know they are better stock but it's fun to beat one once in a while.
not true, its performancetrucks.net not performancechevys.net. its just that GM is the only brand worth modding lol op, nice kill. try and get a vid next time.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice run op, congrats. I would like to get to run a lightning myself. I got killed by one before the cam and retune so i would like another shot now. Maybe ill wait till after i add some heads and an intake. Also, as andy said, this is pt.net which is open to all trucks. I would actually like to see some more ford and dodge guys on here to stir things up a bit as gm is the majority of the owners (for good reason of course ) Also, weight does kill performance, ask me how i know....ccsb on 22's lol
Old 07-28-2011, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill man!

I ran my buddys 420HP/500TQ to the wheels lightning a while back. It was a short run from 50-85 but i still put a length or a little less on him. He had a full bolt on lightning (minus headers), ported blower, and a dyno tune from PSI.

Then again ive also lost to a lightning that was in my area in the woodlands by like a length from like 60-110. He creeped away slowly but he did get the hit on me. Dont know who the guy is or what he had done to his truck but it was pretty quick. This was all with my new setup with the LS1.

Either way man a kill is a kill no matter how you look at it. Lightnings are respectable vehicles in the performance truck world. They can be pretty fast with a couple of bolt ons.

Last edited by Luke03; 07-28-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GodBuiltMy5oh

Chevy forum? Thought it was a Big 3 forum...
Old 07-29-2011, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Check my join date.. I've been around a lot longer than most. (Everyone in this thread lol..)

I'm a GM guy from a Mopar family and happen to own 2 Ford trucks ('56 F100 and '01 Lightning) as well as 2 Chevys ('46 war era and '65 C-10) I'm about as unbiased as it comes but if something is hard to believe then its hard to believe.

Our mods are too vague in the L world as I mentioned before. Unless you know the person specifically then you have no idea what "pulley" they have or any other subtle mods that matter.

On a side note, a Lightning isn't a full bolt on with out headers. Those are one of the biggest power gainers in our trucks. The bigger the pulley, the more that is gained with opening the exhaust. (cat backs don't count)

I've ran through enough guys of other brands and completely obliterated them and I am thoroughly astonished over how surprised they are... (Just because a cousins friends mom beat a supposed pulley tune lightning that had to be 600whp =/) It never ceases to amaze me.. Given the ease of modding and the performance of a Lightning stock, the chances of an L losing vs any other truck is the lowest of any brand. That's just the way it is. And that's comin from a Chevy boy.

On a side note, this site is linked to a bunch of GM sites and thats why it has always been mostly GMs. Not surprising it never bothered me as much until I got a different brand and now I am looking at it all from another angle.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by C9A1L1L
On a side note, a Lightning isn't a full bolt on with out headers. Those are one of the biggest power gainers in our trucks. The bigger the pulley, the more that is gained with opening the exhaust. (cat backs don't count)
Thats what he told me man. I guess its much easier to say Full bolt on (minus headers) instead of the other things or whatever he had in it. I know headers on any boosted applications really wake up whatever it is in. Increase airflow = more HP (for the most part).

But anyways... good run to the op
Old 07-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Luke03
Thats what he told me man. I guess its much easier to say Full bolt on (minus headers) instead of the other things or whatever he had in it. I know headers on any boosted applications really wake up whatever it is in. Increase airflow = more HP (for the most part).

But anyways... good run to the op
Yeah true ahah. Hell headers/mids on these trucks will wake up 60+hp on a large lower pulley that's been choked up by the 4 stock cats and horrible manifolds..

Quick Reply: SVT Lightning kill