PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My toys

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My toys

2012 silverado

windows tinted, just hit 500 miles this morning. Plans are rims and tires, and upgrade the system alittle. more of my "tow rig"

Front windows 5% back are 5% over factory tint, getting the top front window strip tomm.

Jeep wrangler has a lt1 currently, behind a th350 trans brake. This will be getting the turbo 5.3 im building currently (wifes)

2011 fi crf450

Wifes crf150r

OLD YFZ450

Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WTF is that jeep? IT looks retarded and doesn't look good for anything. To open for a drag racing, certainly doesn't have tires for mud bogging. Cool that is has decent power and is getting more though.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by custm2500
WTF is that jeep? IT looks retarded and doesn't look good for anything. To open for a drag racing, certainly doesn't have tires for mud bogging. Cool that is has decent power and is getting more though.

Wow, I'd of never thought you would be the one busting someone's ***** on a project!

To the OP nice toys
Old 02-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Ill take the opionion and respect it, to each there own sorta thing. The jeeps purpose is sand dune, sand drags, 300ft and while racing i enjoy the breeze, has tires on there cause i dont want to ruin my scoops. I neve take it on the street unless its the 1/8 into the entrance of the dunes.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I see a sand dune toy but those wheels and tire are ugly.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Nice toys man. That jeep is going to be nutty. You keeping 4wd or converting it to 2wd?
That would be a beast on the streets to, hah, especially with a 5.3. Now throw in a T56 and you'll be all set.
Pics dont work on all, you have any more of the CRF450?

Wow, I'd of never thought you would be the one busting someone's ***** on a project!
seriously

custm,
He said he uses those wheels/tires so he doesnt ruin his paddles.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:10 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5

To the OP nice toys
Sorry, in the pic it looks ridiculous and like I said it doesn't look good for anything, street tires, mild lift, decent power under the hood. Throw the paddles on it and some front runners and she looks decent. Still not a fan of the no fenders up front. It doesn't make any sense especially since it is a sand toy, I would try to shield the engine as much as possible.

I also now understand the wheels on it are simply for storage purpose. Make sense.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Tig
Nice toys man. That jeep is going to be nutty. You keeping 4wd or converting it to 2wd?
That would be a beast on the streets to, hah, especially with a 5.3. Now throw in a T56 and you'll be all set.
Pics dont work on all, you have any more of the CRF450?
Im keeping it 4w4 i like to run the dunes alot, and with the ruts the 4wd helps keep it straight. Thanks for the compliments....

weird pics are showing up on my phone but not the computer ill try another host site.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Sorry, in the pic it looks ridiculous and like I said it doesn't look good for anything, street tires, mild lift, decent power under the hood. Throw the paddles on it and some front runners and she looks decent. Still not a fan of the no fenders up front. It doesn't make any sense especially since it is a sand toy, I would try to shield the engine as much as possible.

I also now understand the wheels on it are simply for storage purpose. Make sense.
ridciulous is alittle excessive i for one would not bash your ride even if i thought it was a turd.....

It is not done yet, as you can see body work progress has been made from the teal hood to primer, and dents dings filled and sanded, i have fiberglass fenders that i just have not put on yet i did not want to cut them up for the headers to fit knowing that the new turbo motor was in store for this winter. So i guess that may clear some things up and make "sence" now....
Old 02-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Sorry i can sound like a dick sometimes because I am honest. For me something looks funny, I think most of it is the lack of front fenders. Then the wheels and tires look out of place. Like I said with sand tires it should look pretty bad ***. Especialy with a turbo 5.3.

Quick Reply: My toys