PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Daily Driver Multi Use Denali Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice build and attention to detail.

I've seen a few supercharger setups die in towing applications due to build up of and prolonged exposure to heat. Turbos are far more suited to towing.

Not trying to **** on your parade!
Old 05-27-2016, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlipton72
All said and done now I could have just boughten a nice Corsa system which I really wish I had done from the start.
I learned a while back that it's better to start out with a good quality known product that saving on some unknown often chinese product. Since then I haven't minded paying more for those attributes, but I understand why most dont.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, I ended up using the Speed engineering exhaust as well, it didn't clean one of the cross members without some modification, otherwise it was a nice system if you want it that loud. All said and done now I could have just boughten a nice Corsa system which I really wish I had done from the start.
Do you have any sound clips of the speed engineering system before and after adding the magnaflow? I'm interested in doing exactly that on my 6.2.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy305
Do you have any sound clips of the speed engineering system before and after adding the magnaflow? I'm interested in doing exactly that on my 6.2.
I dont, But If I were to do it again I would first try just swapping the magnaflow muffler and leaving it on its own, the two together is quiet inside but sounded like it was sort of choking down the noise as it reached the back if you know what I mean. Before I added the muffler it sounded like a set of Joe Dirt Glass packs. I dont recommend the Speed Engineering stuff in any way shape or form. Form a system that was said would be directly bolt in, rubbing on the frame rails, front drive shaft, and steering shaft is kind of unacceptable. Most people justify the system being a piece of crap because of the price, but to me that doesn't make sense. I ended up selling this truck, if I were to do it again Id spend the money on nice headers that fit and a nice corsa system once, rather than spend 400 dollars 5 times.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont, But If I were to do it again I would first try just swapping the magnaflow muffler and leaving it on its own, the two together is quiet inside but sounded like it was sort of choking down the noise as it reached the back if you know what I mean. Before I added the muffler it sounded like a set of Joe Dirt Glass packs. I dont recommend the Speed Engineering stuff in any way shape or form. Form a system that was said would be directly bolt in, rubbing on the frame rails, front drive shaft, and steering shaft is kind of unacceptable. Most people justify the system being a piece of crap because of the price, but to me that doesn't make sense. I ended up selling this truck, if I were to do it again Id spend the money on nice headers that fit and a nice corsa system once, rather than spend 400 dollars 5 times.
I currently have Kooks headers and the factory cat back. Its fairly choked as is. The Kooks didn't impress me much, they leak like crazy. I figure for the priceof them I could sell them and buy the whole speed engineering set up and come out roughly even. I'd just weld up all the joints splice in a muffler to tame it and fabricate some tailpipes. But if you're saying the system is super shitty then maybe I should look elsewhere?

Last edited by Chevy305; 08-02-2016 at 07:44 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy305
I currently have Kooks headers and the factory cat back. Its fairly choked as is. The Kooks didn't impress me much, they leak like crazy. I figure for the priceof them I could sell them and buy the whole speed engineering set up and come out roughly even. I'd just weld up all the joints splice in a muffler to tame it and fabricate some tailpipes. But if you're saying the system is super shitty then maybe I should look elsewhere?
I'm not one to rag on other peoples stuff or business, but in the experience I had with the full system I got from them, the headers did not fit very well at all, they didnt seal even with good clamps and leaked like hell, the exhaust section fit decent, but was stupidly loud.