PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Daily Driver Multi Use Denali Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I met Rob one night when I had my duramax and he had his Denali. There was so much tire smoke, v neck, and hair gel. It was wild
Old 04-04-2016, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Update:

Only having limited time to work on the truck during the weekends, I've made some progress on fixing all the odds and ends with it being an 11 year old truck (front end, brakes, brake lines, hoses, shocks etc)

While doing this I added tie rod sleeves, the rough country sleeves apparently don't work with the moog tie rods so I went with AC delco which appear to be a nicer quality.

Also, the stainless pre bent brakeline kit from summit for $96.00 fits perfectly and is of equal quality to the classic tube kit I purchased for my duramax for over $500. I'm going to guess the fittings are either not stainless or crap stainless but that's a big price difference for the amount of time they will last.

While changing the ebrake assemblies I also added ARP main cap studs and a Moser girdle cover.

Just needs tires and an allignment now, maybe a final brake bleed as well.

I've got a set of speed engineering 1 7/8" longtubes with the Y, and I am trying to figure out the best route for an exhaust setup.. I was told as great of a deal that speed engineering system is, it drones real bad and for daily driving use it might be a bit too much. I was also thinking of using a 4" duramax exhaust with a large muffler. Any ideas?

Also just thought I'd add this purchase....
Old 04-04-2016, 01:10 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Comin right along! Looks good!

I'm excited to see the wheel installed.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Where did you grab that sexy *** steering wheel?
Old 04-04-2016, 09:07 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Well Lipton it looks like you've done good kid.

I didn't realize that whole stainless kit was under 100 bucks... thats a steal.

Lets start squeezing some power outta that baby.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by About20ninj45
Where did you grab that sexy *** steering wheel?
Auto woods or something like that, it's nice quality, rob indulged in one as well. And yes Graeme, fuel pump, headers and exhaust is first then cam and blower
Old 04-05-2016, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run a diamond eye duramax catback jake and yes it does drone right around 2300 rpm but I've grown used to it, but I have 4:10s so you probably wont be turning those rpms on the highway. I've been thinking about getting a magnaflow oval muffler and see if that tones it down some instead of the straight through one diamond eye gives you. You really cant beat the price either, $180 for an aluminized but I'd imagine you'd spend the extra $$ on stainless since youre doing everything right the first time. Mine hasnt rotted at all but the hangers are raw steel and really should be painted first
Old 04-05-2016, 05:24 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlipton72
I met Rob one night when I had my duramax and he had his Denali. There was so much tire smoke, v neck, and hair gel. It was wild
Don't forget pink t-shirts.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlipton72
Don't forget pink t-shirts. It's like Jersey shore with trucks.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:34 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by GRRR65GTO
I run a diamond eye duramax catback jake and yes it does drone right around 2300 rpm but I've grown used to it, but I have 4:10s so you probably wont be turning those rpms on the highway. I've been thinking about getting a magnaflow oval muffler and see if that tones it down some instead of the straight through one diamond eye gives you. You really cant beat the price either, $180 for an aluminized but I'd imagine you'd spend the extra $$ on stainless since youre doing everything right the first time. Mine hasnt rotted at all but the hangers are raw steel and really should be painted first
The turbo quiets down a 4" exhaust by a good amount. And the Denali does have 4.10 so RPM will actually be higher with a smaller tire.

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Don't forget pink t-shirts. It's like Jersey shore with trucks.
we breakin necks up in here

Quick Reply: Daily Driver Multi Use Denali Build