PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

03 Sierra Prostreet Paperweight

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 12:52 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I know it sucks they are the only option.

What size are they though? there are a few options that could work on a 20x14 and I havent seen you post which ones they are exactly. Are they the 29x15's?
Old 07-29-2018, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Forgot i didnt post size.

They are 31x18x20. Get traction great with the stock 4.8! Ha
Old 08-16-2018, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Well, new engine/trans is loaded and the truck is being driven to Nelson's tomorrow for the swap. I managed to get the WB and boost gauges installed tonight, and a few other various items done in advance. My schedule is too solid right now to try to take it on until winter, and this will at least allow me to get into a couple shows/tracks prior to then.

More to come!!

Before I re-crated it. Started pulling the parts pile from my shed... Likely be selling several items
Attached Thumbnails 03 Sierra Prostreet Paperweight-garage.jpg  
Old 09-07-2018, 11:17 AM
On The Tree

Minor Update:

Nelson's has the truck running and is tuning it for pickup. Everything went smoothly with exception to a few minor items that needed replaced during the swap. Fired up and sounds great. The MAP sensor was acting up once the tuning started, so they had to shut it down and order a new one before they could finish. Also the IC pump may need to be replaced, it needed a jump start to get going after sitting on the shelf for awhile.

If all goes well today, truck should be tuned for new engine and ready for pickup this weekend/early next week. Will post pics/vid once I get her back.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:08 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

exciting! post up vids when available.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Well, made it home with the truck. Have an issue getting the Alt to charge, so hunting that down right now. Once we figure that out, it will be ready for the street. Grabbed a quick pic of engine bay as it sits, and will update intake and clean up from here. Will be a good baseline pic to refer back on.

All in all, put down right at 500/500 on the dyno when Allen was doing the shakedown tune. Only seeing 10psi with 2.9 pulley and 10%OD, so engine is moving some air.

The vid was a quick rev, and couldnt convert to MP3 for the forum, so just posted it on YT (think it should work). Will get a better one once voltage is figured out:

Attached Thumbnails 03 Sierra Prostreet Paperweight-install.jpg   03 Sierra Prostreet Paperweight-dyno.jpg  
Old 09-09-2018, 09:23 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Awesome! Looks like it will run strong!
Old 10-07-2018, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Will post up some driving vids here soon. Trying to hunt down one last issue that I cant sort out. Drove the truck a few times, and it runs strong once its warmed up. Sounds mean, but for the weak hearted people who dont want their neighbors to hate them, i would opt for an exhaust other than the speed engineering true 3" dual setup. It is loud AF. I am not too worried about it because it isnt our daily.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

​​​​​​Made it out to local car show yesterday in Bastrop for Veterans Day. Was a great time, got to meet another local member (iluvjdm) and see his ridiculously clean ride.

Truck still has a few items to iron out, but is road worthy and runs solid.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Minor updates - Figured out the charging issues, oxygen sensor issues, and finally have it about 95% tuned as of yesterday. Went WOT for the first time since getting it back.

Items that still need attention:
- Front fender lip decided to grab the tire and bend itself to ****. Need to roll it back in place.
- Because of above, I think i am going to order new springs and raise an inch.
- Ordered new axle bearings for rear, drivers had been leaking. Had to take the axle out to measure. Think they were install backwards on axles... will post pic.
- Brand new fuel pressure sender took a **** already.

Will get a vid of it up this week sometime and some random pics.My build thread skills are lacking at best

Quick Reply: 03 Sierra Prostreet Paperweight