PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

03 Sierra Prostreet Paperweight

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Was hoping it would make it easier... sounds like I may need to rethink that plan of attack now. I will likely have most of the front end off at the time.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Love this truck, remember it from P-T.com

Lookin forward to your updates. Definitely post pics to.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

Will have some pics once the engine and trans show up and I start doing something of value. Hopefully the truck will be driveable before summer...
Old 01-23-2017, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

Well, had the engine picked up and taken to Triple Edge Performance today. Going to have them look it over, install my Triple 12, studs, melling 10295, and all new gaskets. Then freight it to me with my 4L80e and Precision TC. Anything I am missing? Trunion setup?

For now I wait... And I am going to try a new crank sensor on the 4.8 to see if that helps. Time is hard to come by, so hoping to have that done by the weekend.

Also chasing some current draw from an unknown source. Radio fuse is already pulled, but I am going to hookup the DMM to the battery and start pulling fuses until I can find the source. Then I will try to rectify that issue as well. Seems like im always moving backwards, never in the right direction

DW also called me back today about my suspect DW350iL issue I had. They are going to warranty out the pump and send me a brand new one. Even though I already bought one local, I will either keep this for future use, or sell it for some other random parts.

Staying the course, wasting the money, enjoying the hate.
Attached Thumbnails 03 Sierra Prostreet Paperweight-image1.jpg   03 Sierra Prostreet Paperweight-image2.jpg  
Old 01-23-2017, 10:07 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 758 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by xxch0dyxx
Well, had the engine picked up and taken to Triple Edge Performance today. Going to have them look it over, install my Triple 12, studs, melling 10295, and all new gaskets. Then freight it to me with my 4L80e and Precision TC. Anything I am missing? Trunion setup?

For now I wait... And I am going to try a new crank sensor on the 4.8 to see if that helps. Time is hard to come by, so hoping to have that done by the weekend.

Also chasing some current draw from an unknown source. Radio fuse is already pulled, but I am going to hookup the DMM to the battery and start pulling fuses until I can find the source. Then I will try to rectify that issue as well. Seems like im always moving backwards, never in the right direction

DW also called me back today about my suspect DW350iL issue I had. They are going to warranty out the pump and send me a brand new one. Even though I already bought one local, I will either keep this for future use, or sell it for some other random parts.

Staying the course, wasting the money, enjoying the hate.

Usually it's aftermarket Radio Equipment and aftermarket alarms/ remote starts that cause it.

Check anything aftermarket first.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

Yea, I wiped out the AM radio first, but that guess was wrong. Truck does have AM alarm and remote start, so I think your point in valid. Going to check it during the hunt. Hopefully make some progress.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:49 AM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

Aftermarket Remote start causes more headaches than hangovers.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Still being a ghost whisperer tonight...
When I rev the engine to right around 2k, it then drops a cylinder... But if I rev it and hold at right around 3k, it stays solid. So it is breaking up much more right around 2k. You can hear/feel it literally drop a cylinder at that rpm. Also unplugged the MAF sensor and it ran basically identical as plugged in.

Obviously when it is just at idle and has the random missing, you can tell it isn't running 100%, but I think the 2k drop might be something to help diagnose?? Thoughts?

My new crank sensor and spark checker showed up tonight, will try to get them installed this weekend to see if anything changes. If no change, I might swap in my 60# Siemens to rule out injectors. Running out of things to try, but still have a minor hope to figure it out before the 5.3 arrives.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:11 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

when you swapped cams, did you re-use the cam gear that came from your motor?

Last edited by TXsilverado; 01-24-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Interesting username lol

Quick Reply: 03 Sierra Prostreet Paperweight