PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

**Three6GMC Official Build Thread**

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Feels like a sin by how much its costing me to do all this lol. Heard nothing but great things about these new CEA turbos how do you like it? There supposed to spin super easy with the ball bearing upgrade and come in to boost insanely quick. I would spin all four with my 6.2/turbo setup launching out on 6lbs out the hole so really anxious to see how hard the truck will come out on this new setup. Gonna be crazy!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you elaborate more on your fuel system? Or has that part of the build not come to fruition yet? What im envisioning is the hellmann sump with its own dedicated weldon pump setup on a hobbs switch. So the stock flex fuel pump (with its variable voltage) will support the fuel needs for no/low load situations, then when boost is applied, the weldon kicks on, and you have fuel for days. Also a benefit is that the stock system is not hacked up or modified (except hole for the sump) and the truck wont freak out. Seamless. Am i on track with this?
Old 08-20-2012, 02:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The part im confused on, the truck is returnless setup. So your regulator is essentially in the tank. Fine for the pump in the bucket, but how will the sumped pump be regulated?
Old 08-20-2012, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SLCviaAK
Can you elaborate more on your fuel system? Or has that part of the build not come to fruition yet? What im envisioning is the hellmann sump with its own dedicated weldon pump setup on a hobbs switch. So the stock flex fuel pump (with its variable voltage) will support the fuel needs for no/low load situations, then when boost is applied, the weldon kicks on, and you have fuel for days. Also a benefit is that the stock system is not hacked up or modified (except hole for the sump) and the truck wont freak out. Seamless. Am i on track with this?
Originally Posted by SLCviaAK
The part im confused on, the truck is returnless setup. So your regulator is essentially in the tank. Fine for the pump in the bucket, but how will the sumped pump be regulated?

No Hobbs switch I'm getting rid of my stock pump completely. I'm going to be running the sump with a Weldon racing pump mounted to the frame and a Weldon racing fuel pressure regulator at the fuel rails making a non return system into a return system. My factory feed line will be replaced with a stainless hard line because of the pumps new location and flow. The return line will be ran side by side with the new feed and routed to the factory feed fitting on the stock fuel bump hat. I'm VERY picky how things look and are situated on my truck so everythig will look real clean and as close to factory looking as possible. As far as the electtrical side of it goes I'm going to be using the factory power to activate a relay that turns the new pump on and off. Simple but should work great. The electrical side is the only part I'm not 100% sure about but from what I have seen the camaro guys do that have the variable fuel pump module or whatever you call it seems pretty easy and straight forward. Def gonna be posting alot about the fuel system setup as I know alot of people have been asking me about it. I'll keep you all updated.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gonna be a bad bitch and should look sick with those wheels and the HD conversion. I think you should go lower than 2/4 for the drop though.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for clearing that up. Looking forward to all your progress!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:16 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

I want those heads so bad

Easily 1200hp at 23psi
Old 08-21-2012, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
I want those heads so bad

Easily 1200hp at 23psi
Yea I can't wait to see some results with those things.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:02 PM
formerly BlacKSS2oo2 (9-20-2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice build, subscribed!
Old 08-23-2012, 05:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mcconditioner
Gonna be a bad bitch and should look sick with those wheels and the HD conversion. I think you should go lower than 2/4 for the drop though.
Yeah we will see might go a little lower all just depends how it looks when it's all finished.

Quick Reply: **Three6GMC Official Build Thread**