NITROUS OXIDE System Designs | Installation| Wet/Dry/Direct Port

Help Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please!!

Ok so here's the deal, I've been running a dry shot sprayed after the MAF directly in front of the TB for years. Just a small little 80 shot with absolutely no problems at all, I know this is a no-no but it has worked just fine. My problem is that I moved the nozzle to in front of the MAF, everything else is exactly the same jets and all, still jetted for 80, oh yeah it's a NOS universal EFI single nozzle kit that I've had on a couple different vehicles. Now when I spray it falls on it's face then starts bucking and chugging like it would if you were bouncing of the rev limiter!!! What the hell is wrong!!! I have NGK TR60's in it and mods are in sig. It's a stock tune on the engine the hypercrap is just for the trans since it was free and I ain't got the funds right now for a tune. Any suggestions or ideas on what's wrong???
Old 09-06-2008, 02:15 AM
TECH Addict

how close is it to the maf?
Old 09-06-2008, 02:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Inside the air filter. k/n cone filter, mounted on a fabbed bracket spraying straight at it. coupll inches? say 6-7?
Old 09-06-2008, 02:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your trucks looking good by the way! That the same one I gave you the buffing advice about awile back? I thought it was a ec?
Old 09-06-2008, 02:32 AM
TECH Addict

Yep same truck and thanks for the help and compliments!

Thats weird that your having problems, i was thinking if it was too close(which i dont think it is) that it would foul up the maf, does it have good fuel pressure?
Old 09-06-2008, 02:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Brand new pump! Installed July! I got some 42lb injectors I haven't installed yet. Think maybe trying new plugs but dont think thats the problem. It's falling on it's face immideately when I spray so I don't think freezing the MAF is a issue. It's bucking like I got Hydraulics!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 02:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man I just threw away a billet grill for you truck!! Been just sitting in my garage for a couple years! Cleaned out the garage last weekend and chunked it. I guess I shoulda posted it up for free.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:57 AM
TECH Addict

If you can put it behind the maf to test and see if it is a placement issue, if it still does it you would need to start chasing fuel or spark issues
Old 09-06-2008, 03:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It worked after the MAF until 3 months ago when I pulled it off and fabbed the pre MAF setup. just intalled it tonight and now having problems. Nothing has changed except the fuel pump and the old one was replaced because it was making noise, it still worked fine. It runs great off the spray! Barks the tire on the 1-2 and pulls fine! I'm gonna replace the plugs tomorrow or I guess I should say later today, I work nights so It's not tomorrow till I wake up!
Old 09-06-2008, 04:06 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prob because when it was after the maf the maf had no idea where to ajust at,didn't know that it was being sprayed, more then likely you were running it lean, so it ran well. Now you put it before the maf it reads that, sends sigs to the comp. If your not tuned for it the comp, doesn't no what to do, can't ajust that much for it.. Get a tune

John