STEREO & ELECTRONICS Audio Components | Radars | Alarms | General Wiring

Please suggest inexpensive car alarm.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2024, 04:41 PM
Launching!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Please suggest inexpensive car alarm.

Please suggest inexpensive car alarm so I can keep my stuff.

Recently installed a new audio sys. In my RV van. Then added The cheap kind of alarm that no-one pays attention to. I liked the idea of it being separate an not spliced into my GM vans wiring.

I’ve connected it a few days ago seamed ok. Until yesterday I cranked my TA up it’s rear facing the front of van trigger the siren, TA was 10’ away from the van. the siren is mounted in front of van next to battery.

The alarm must be very sensitive but if I can’t crank the TA near the van I’ll need a better Please suggest inexpensive car alarm.

The alarm must be very sensitive but if I can’t crank the mildly cammed TA near the van I’ll need a better alarm. Pls suggest a decent alarm. thanks
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093YCJS6P?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093YCJS6P?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Old 05-26-2024, 09:01 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 769 Likes on 636 Posts

I suggest a 2 way alarm that can report back to you. Also if you value your stuff, You will spend at least as much as the stuff is worth to protect it.

Old 05-26-2024, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
I suggest a 2 way alarm that can report back to you. Also if you value your stuff, You will spend at least as much as the stuff is worth to protect it.
when alarm go'es off will be notifying me at least while she's parked in my driveway.

I don't mind spending more just want it separate from any of my GM wiring, no splicing into OEM harness.
I'm leaning toward this $41. alarm certainly has more reviews compared to the turd alarm.

I'll probally have to hide the 12VDC socket so it can't be sean an unplugged.

Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by thebrain; 05-26-2024 at 10:25 PM.
Old 05-27-2024, 06:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

If you want it to work properly and do it's job it's gotta tie into the electrical system. If done properly theres no reason to worry about it especially on such an old platform. Ive got several trucks still I put vipers and cliffords in 20 plus years ago. Two of the trucks i've replaced the alarms just for newer remotes better range. point when done right theres 0 to worry about.

viper clifford pretty much any DEI branded alarm is all good stuff.
Old 05-27-2024, 08:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01WS6/tamu
If you want it to work properly and do it's job it's gotta tie into the electrical system. If done properly theres no reason to worry about it especially on such an old platform. Ive got several trucks still I put vipers and cliffords in 20 plus years ago. Two of the trucks i've replaced the alarms just for newer remotes better range. point when done right theres 0 to worry about.

viper clifford pretty much any DEI branded alarm is all good stuff.
hows this
Amazon Amazon

does it sound normal for car triggering the alarm even 10' away? thanks
Old 05-27-2024, 11:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Pickup a mean dog from local shelter. Save a life, get dedicated security system.
Old 05-28-2024, 03:40 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 769 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by thebrain
hows this https://www.amazon.com/Viper-3100V-1...%2C396&sr=8-10

does it sound normal for car triggering the alarm even 10' away? thanks
That's a better option than the cheap cigarette lighter version that wont do anything for you. See the fine print. For it to be effective you still need to wire it in. Most thief's steal a vehicle and take it to a secondary location to remove the goods where they are less likely to be caught or interrupted.

Old 05-28-2024, 05:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 419 Likes on 329 Posts

Just buy a Spot trace and you will never have to worry about where your van is again. They can easily be setup to alert you if the vehicle moves and report location and every 2 minutes. I have one on everything I own. Cheap insurance, if someone steals my truck I’m not calling the law I’m going to go get it with a pound of flesh. The law enforcement is more concerned with not violating a criminals rights so much they are causing as much caious as the criminals themselves.