INTERNAL ENGINE MODIFICATIONS Valvetrain |Heads | Strokers | Design | Assembly

Comp XR269HR

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:14 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
That thing sounds awesome. I don't think that it will lope quite as much in the LQ9 though. Are the Aerochamber mufflers loud? I'm have a GMPP cat back on there right now, and it sounds decent, but I wish it was a tad louder. I am going to be putting on a set of the OBX LT's in the near future, so that should wake it up a decent amount.

I know the basics with cams, but not much more. How would something like this compare to the XR269?

Product Line: Trick Flow® Track Max® Camshafts for GM LSX
Part Type: Camshafts
Cam Style: Hydraulic roller tappet
Basic Operating RPM Range: 2,000-6,000
Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift: 216
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift: 220
Duration at 050 inch Lift: 216 int./220 exh.
Advertised Intake Duration: 283
Advertised Exhaust Duration: 286
Advertised Duration: 283 int./286 exh.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.560 in.
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.560 in.
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.560 int./0.560 exh. lift
Lobe Separation (degrees): 114

the specs are very similar from what I can tell. Does the added lift make a big difference? The operating range is a lot smaller, but that could just be the difference between the way TF and Comp rate their products.
It would probably make a little more horsepower up top from the added lift, otherwise be very similar to the Comp cam. From what I've heard, Comp grinds TrickFlow's cams btw.

As for the operating range, that's just the way they rate their cams like you mentioned. Comp seems to be very generous with their operating ranges compared to other manufacturers, seems like they give themselves a few hundred extra rpm down low...just an observation I've made.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run that in my 5.3 and it's a great daily cam. Would be a really nice upgrade for a 6.0
Old 05-18-2010, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

josh, how does yours sound?
Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 03chevyroyce
the aerochamber isnt too loud, and hardly any rasp at all, so i recommend them. i got a vid inside the cab under regular accel in my channel
Meh I wish my aerochamber sounded good when I had it, I tried several configurations with my exahust - tail pipe no tail pipe dumped not dumped and it never sounded that good. must be because I dont have a cam in it.

Your vid sounds really good.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:51 AM
11 Second Truck Club

If it were me I'd go a little bigger. It looks like a good cam. I thought the same as you when I started looking for a cam. I went 212/218, I've had two since and I'm getting ready to do my third. Ask some of the guys on here, don't be a victim of to conservative of combo. It will cost you more in the long run. That is a really mild cam for a 6.0, I'm afraid your gonna want more later. if your gonna get a converter also, I would definatly not be scared of more cam even in the low end. There are lots of guy meeting emissions with 224 duration cams in 5.7 F bodies. Keep the cats and you'll be ok.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MPFD
If it were me I'd go a little bigger. It looks like a good cam. I thought the same as you when I started looking for a cam. I went 212/218, I've had two since and I'm getting ready to do my third. Ask some of the guys on here, don't be a victim of to conservative of combo. It will cost you more in the long run. That is a really mild cam for a 6.0, I'm afraid your gonna want more later. if your gonna get a converter also, I would definatly not be scared of more cam even in the low end. There are lots of guy meeting emissions with 224 duration cams in 5.7 F bodies. Keep the cats and you'll be ok.
I didn't know you ran the 212/218. Zippy described it to me in a 6.0 as just like the stock cam, but "more power everywhere."

You gotta realize too....this guy has a big heavy denali. This isn't no small reg cab. Once you start putting in big cams and bigger stall the gas mileage just goes to ****. I'm getting about 10.5 myself, with a best avg of 13.8 babying the **** out of it. My opinon is stick with the cam listed in the OP, and go with a circle D 3000 stall. It will make for a good DD, while retaining stock manners and gas mileage. I dont get the vibe that he's going for a drag racer.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:40 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
I didn't know you ran the 212/218. Zippy described it to me in a 6.0 as just like the stock cam, but "more power everywhere."

You gotta realize too....this guy has a big heavy denali. This isn't no small reg cab. Once you start putting in big cams and bigger stall the gas mileage just goes to ****. I'm getting about 10.5 myself, with a best avg of 13.8 babying the **** out of it. My opinon is stick with the cam listed in the OP, and go with a circle D 3000 stall. It will make for a good DD, while retaining stock manners and gas mileage. I dont get the vibe that he's going for a drag racer.
I would LOVE to go for a drag racer... but I have to be realistic. I am 24 years old, and this is my DD. I can't afford to screw this truck up.
Bottom line is this, I want a well mannered truck that is going to have a little chop at idle, and give me more power. Like I said in the OP I am concerned with reliability, bottom end power, and gas mileage (within reason).

My main goal is to run a mid 13 with this cam, TB converter, CAI, LT's and a cat back. Am I dreaming?

Thanks for all the help so far guys!

Rob
Old 05-18-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

You could run mid 13s on the stock cam with the right converter and slicks.

Furthermore you can shift well over 6000 and maintain reliability.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:07 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I have no need for slicks... denali has AWD
Old 05-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd say you're dreaming, sorry. That combo is too mild to run those times in that size truck.

Quick Reply: Comp XR269HR