Notices
GMT K2xx Trucks General Discussion 2014+ Trucks | General Discussion

6.2 RCSB with carbon fiber bed and Z-28 brakes?

Old 11-03-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.2 RCSB with carbon fiber bed and Z-28 brakes?

Chevy to unveil Silverado Cheyenne concept Monday

Makes me wonder how close this might actually be to a production hotrod truck. I want one!
Old 11-03-2013, 11:47 AM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Why not keep it looking like that, skip the exotic brake and CF, and sell it for 30K... Dealers wouldn't be able to keep them! Love the look, finally a NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNBS with a color matched front end.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not an SS, but the Silverado Cheyenne concept is a high-performance variant of the new 2014 Silverado that looks as if it isn't too far off from production.

Silverado Cheyenne Concept Highlights
• Performance Oriented Regular Cab 2014 Silverado
• Equipped with a 420-horsepower 6.2L V8
• Focus on reducing weight
• Lowered ride-height and rear stabilizer bars
• Carbon-ceramic brakes from the Camaro Z/28
• Weight saving efforts reduced the Cheyenne's weight by 200lbs
• Z/28 inspired hood extractor vent
• Carbon-fiber front bumper and rear spoiler
• Light-weight aluminum drive-shaft
• Composite rear springs
• Spare tire, trailer hitch, interior console have been removed for weight savings
• Rides on 19-inch Camaro Z/28 wheels
• Recaro Seats
• Flat bottomed steering wheel similar to Camaro ZL1

“It is only a concept right now, but we are continually exploring new ways to give Silverado customers more.” - Chris Perry

Official Press Release

Silverado Cheyenne Concept: Mini Mass, Max Performance
LAS VEGAS – The Chevrolet Silverado Cheyenne concept vehicle to be unveiled at the SEMA Show on Monday, Nov. 4, embraces the adage that less is more. The performance-oriented version of the all-new 2014 Silverado regular cab combines a reduced curb weight with the performance of the new 420-horsepower 6.2L V-8 for a strong power-to-weight ratio and exhilarating performance.

A lowered ride height, a rear stabilizer bar and Brembo carbon ceramic brakes complement the Cheyenne concept’s high-performance character with enhanced handling and braking capability.

“The Cheyenne concept explores the performance possibilities of the all-new Silverado, which is already built on a mass-efficient layout and delivers a greater balance of performance and efficiency than any other full-size truck in Chevrolet’s history,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet marketing.

The unique lightweight features built into the concept vehicle include carbon fiber replacements for the bumpers, tailgate and inner cargo box, shaving approximately 200 pounds from the 4,503 pounds base curb weight of a 5.3L-equipped Silverado regular cab with a 6’6” box.

Cheyenne designers matched the form of the lightweight components with their low-mass function. The carbon fiber front bumper includes racing-inspired ground effects styling complemented by carbon body-side ground effects while the carbon fiber tailgate incorporates a spoiler.The hood features a Camaro Z/28-inspired extractor vent.

The Camaro Z/28 Brembo carbon ceramic brakes save more weight because the carbon ceramic-matrix rotors are significantly lighter than conventional steel rotors. On the Camaro Z/28, for example, they save more than 20 pounds – and it saves un-sprung weight, too, which enhances driving performance with more immediate and direct handling. The truck rolls on charcoal-painted 19-inch Camaro Z/28 aluminum wheels and high-performance tires.

The Cheyenne diet removes the trailer hitch, spare tire, interior center console and some of the sound-deadening material. The truck also has a lightweight aluminum driveshaft and composite rear leaf springs.

“Lightweighting is a time-honored method of making the most of a vehicle’s performance which Chevrolet has demonstrated time and again with vehicles like the original 2001 Corvette Z06 and the 2014 Camaro Z/28,” said Perry. “And like those vehicles, the Cheyenne complements its lower weight with more horsepower.”

The all-new EcoTec3 6.2L V-8 that powers the concept truck is rated at 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque – the most power in the light-duty truck segment. It’s unavailable in regular-production Silverado regular cab models, giving the Cheyenne a 65-horsepower and 77 lb-ft boost over the production 5.3L V-8. A Borla performance exhaust system adds an authoritative note to the 6.2L’s output.

What remains is the Silverado’s production six-speed automatic transmission, which features hill descent control, as well as fuel-saving electric power steering and StabiliTrak electronic stability control with hill start assist.

Inside, the Cheyenne’s performance theme is conveyed with Recaro sport seats and a flat-bottom steering wheel, similar to the steering wheel offered in the Camaro ZL1. Available safety features, including lane departure warning, front and rear park assist and a rear-vision camera, enhance safety without detracting from the truck’s performance.

All Silverado models feature a fully boxed frame that serves as the foundation for their strength and capability. The main rails and major cross members are formed from high-strength steel, providing a rigid base for maximum hauling capability.

“Elements such as high-strength steel in the frame and body structure are found on all production models, while some also feature aluminum suspension components, contributing to the Silverado’s everyday performance. With the Cheyenne concept, we’ve taken the low-mass concept to a new level – with exciting results,” Perry said.

Name:  2013-SEMA-Chevrolet-SilveradoCheyenne-047_zps55391f10.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  28.6 KB

Name:  2013-SEMA-Chevrolet-SilveradoCheyenne-046_zps6f3ae69d.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  31.0 KB
Old 11-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Bit
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will take one in white
Old 11-03-2013, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

In the link posted by NKPPhil they say 0-60 in 5.3 seconds
Old 11-03-2013, 01:41 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally a " real " performance truck bone stock from GM .

Add me to the list I want one ! But they better add 4x4 AWD to hook up .
Old 11-03-2013, 02:41 PM
TECH Regular

That would be awesome. But I agree AWD or 4x4 would be needed. And a hitch as well so it can still be used as a truck.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Agree with it needing to be awd. would love this beast.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:43 PM
TECH Junkie

I have my WS.6 if I want to go fast. I wanted my truck for utility. Now if I could only own one vehicle this would be on my list.
Old 11-03-2013, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Put me down for one! There's plenty of 2wd drive lightnings that can hook with the right mods 4wd isnt a must..hopefully they dont put in some bullshit tin can driveshaft tho

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 6.2 RCSB with carbon fiber bed and Z-28 brakes?