Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Miles and Problems on NNBS

Old 10-29-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gathered that. Is it better to get it tuned if you turn it off? Or will it effect anything to enough to where ya have to. I dont have any tuning programs, or any experience. But I figure if hes gonna pay someone to take his PCM and turn it off, he might as well get it tuned as well, correct?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Most definitely. Just turning off AFM won't affect anything else but if he dislikes it enough to pay to have it disabled then its a no-brainer to pay a bit more and get the rest of it tuned properly.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Only problem is with the 60e, upon slowing down it downshifts back into 1st roughly. Or sometimes when I do more of a sudden stop and then let go of the brakes it abruptly grabs first and the whole driveline clunks as if it was under load and then just released it. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Ive got a 2000 5.3 ext cab with 130k and when breaking it downshifts hard you can barely feel it on the 4-3, but you can feel it hard when breaking on the 3-2 and 2-1. It does it harder and softer depending on how hard you break.

I think it might bethe slip yoke but your truck is new?
Old 11-11-2007, 09:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by cmitchell17
Only problem is with the 60e, upon slowing down it downshifts back into 1st roughly. Or sometimes when I do more of a sudden stop and then let go of the brakes it abruptly grabs first and the whole driveline clunks as if it was under load and then just released it. Any ideas?
Ive got a 2000 5.3 ext cab with 130k and when breaking it downshifts hard you can barely feel it on the 4-3, but you can feel it hard when breaking on the 3-2 and 2-1. It does it harder and softer depending on how hard you break.

I think it might bethe slip yoke but your truck is new?[/QUOTE]
yeah our 2000 tahoe does that too and so does my camaro then the camaro shifts into 2nd as soon as i let off the brake to go.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Red 07 LS

Only problem is with the 60e, upon slowing down it downshifts back into 1st roughly. Or sometimes when I do more of a sudden stop and then let go of the brakes it abruptly grabs first and the whole driveline clunks as if it was under load and then just released it. Any ideas?
My 70E does this all the freaking time and it is seriously driving me crazy, when I hit the gas hard sometimes it feels like something is going to break.

As well, the damn kickdown/throttle delay that happens at the same time is dangerous. If I'm coasting and suddenly need to move, I want the truck to haul when i hit the gas! Not sit there and thing about it for a few seconds before kicking down and accelerating!

Can a tune fix that?! Or do I need to do a drivetrain swap because I'm itching to throw in an LS2/LS3 + 6 speed and have already started talking to guys about what wiring harness mods I need to do. All these electrical nannies are pissing me off. I don't care that it's a truck, i want it to be goddam fast and noisy.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by h20junkie
My 70E does this all the freaking time and it is seriously driving me crazy, when I hit the gas hard sometimes it feels like something is going to break.

As well, the damn kickdown/throttle delay that happens at the same time is dangerous. If I'm coasting and suddenly need to move, I want the truck to haul when i hit the gas! Not sit there and thing about it for a few seconds before kicking down and accelerating!

Can a tune fix that?! Or do I need to do a drivetrain swap because I'm itching to throw in an LS2/LS3 + 6 speed and have already started talking to guys about what wiring harness mods I need to do. All these electrical nannies are pissing me off. I don't care that it's a truck, i want it to be goddam fast and noisy.

ya need a tune, my truck does exactly what it's supposed to do when you push on the gas,
does not disappoint..
my trans doesn't anything that you have described but i don't know if that tune related.

get a tune
Old 11-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Staging Lane

'07 Denali with the 6.2 L92 and the 6L80E here. I've had it about 6 months and currently have about 7,000 miles on the clock.

The truck runs great. I disabled all TM and all traction control stuff (who needs TCS with AWD??) the day I bought it! After a lot of tuning, it runs strong in all gears and it does what my right foot tells it too.

It has recently started making a high pitched whine at low speeds. Sounds like it's coming from one of the wheels. Gonna take it in and have it looked at. Other than the noise it's now making and the gay roof rack, I love it!
Old 11-17-2007, 09:24 AM
JB1
TECH Resident

Mine is a 2008...bought 8/28/07 and now has 1200 miles.

1) Since it has gotten cold in the mornings it has started to make a sqeeking noise like a fan belts loose.....this only happens for about 30sec when starting from a cold condition.

2) Also, the voltage gauge reads over 14v, then it slowly creeps down below that after 15min of driving (just wondering if the alternator bearing is bad causing the cold squell and this voltage drop...whatcha think?)

3) Has a rough idle that varys 200rpms...done this since day one and does it with no A/C or anything else on...in park or drive.

Anyone else have these problems?
Old 11-17-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The electrical system on these trucks is designed to reduce the output if its not needed, you will see the voltage move around a lot. I'd say your condition is normal, it charges the battery after a start plus the accessories are cold, so takes some power to run them but once up to temp drops off as not needed.They reduce the load on the alternator to -get this- improve gas mileage!

They all could be related but I doubt it. I seem to recall a SB on the squeak, but obviously the best thing to do is take it in for warranty and let them have a look.

UPDATE: The SB was for a squeaking noise on startup from the a/c belt when temperature was over 35 degrees C (95 degrees f), not for when it was cold.

Last edited by niugnep; 11-17-2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-17-2007, 05:21 PM
JB1
TECH Resident

Thanks...I will take it in and have the dealership take a look at it.

Any ideas on the idle varying?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Miles and Problems on NNBS