Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Miles and Problems on NNBS

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miles and Problems on NNBS

Just thought I would see what kind of miles everyone had on there trucks and there likes, dislikes and problems with there new trucks. Just a poll of the new trucks.

I have 19500 miles on my truck bought March 25 built sometime in January can't rember.

Likes: Rides great, Interior very very nice, Lots of power, Looks. I pretty much love the truck

Dislikes: 4l70e shifts like crap and only a 4speed, TM is out of control, Wish I bought the diesel, The way the nose sits low. Thats about it

Problems: Back up sensor are on sometimes and off other, Traction control comes of and on sometimes, Driver seat has some stiching coming lose, Having almost 20k on it in less then year.

Overall love the truck but wish I bought the diesel due to all the pulling I have been doing
Old 10-01-2007, 06:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

put a tune in it, it will be like having another new truck
put a 2" shackle in the rear, to level it

only things I don't like are hvac controls[ltz] and noisey e-fans.

the rest of the rig is awesome

Last edited by Allgonoshow; 10-01-2007 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

4900 miles love the looks, not impressed with the power but i bet it's all in the tune (so i've heard) over all awesome job by G.M.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

10,010 miles love the interior both the front seats the sitching is coming up thats it
Old 10-01-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

6 months, 5000 miles. RCSB 5.3flex/20's/loaded. Added body color mirrors, handles, signal mirrors, dropped back 3".

Love the interior (comfy!) and the handling. Mileage is about 20-25% better than my 97 RCSB, power is ok but the TM is crazy.

Could use more space behind the seat (the way they do the vertical wall material is kinda odd, it "rolls" and takes up space). Lots of room under the seats though and the center spaces are huge! Upper glovebox could fit bit better too. Other than that assembly is excellent, no squeaks or rattles and tight gaps everywhere. Solid truck. Very nice to drive.

Of course everyone is waiting for the 6 speed auto. Should be an easy swap when the time comes, our trucks are the same as current 6.2L/6speed machines so plug and play pretty much (or trade in!).

My only real gripe is how GM and all other manufacturers won't let you order certain options on reg cabs, so you have to add them yourself...
Old 10-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Teching In

I've had mine a few months now, 6,300 miles so far & love it. Love everything about it even though I wish I would have gotten the 6.0. The only dislike I have is with the paint its chipped in a few places, nothing big but its still chipped.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

i hate the TM, but it does probably make me drive less like a heathen. im at about 7k miles, and so far so good. im gonna get a tune, but i know once i start with the mods, i wont quit...so im putting it off as long as possible. i sold my c5 vette for it, and other than the pimp factor of the vette, i like the truck more.....
Old 10-01-2007, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

5800 miles on it now, extended cab regular bed. For a truck its pretty damn smooth and quiet in the interior. Torque management does blow though, especially with having just the 4.8 but with 3.23s it will drop back down to 2nd at 70 and take off hard. I have definitely grown to love it, just wish I could've afforded an LT2 model at the time but I was impatient and jumped the gun and bought it on impulse.

Only problem is with the 60e, upon slowing down it downshifts back into 1st roughly. Or sometimes when I do more of a sudden stop and then let go of the brakes it abruptly grabs first and the whole driveline clunks as if it was under load and then just released it. Any ideas?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

4200 miles so far, ECSB 4x4 vmax

2 inch leveling kit fixed the low front end problem
Love the look, expecially with the color matched grill
Love the 4.10 gears and the power, nothin like a smokey burnout with 33's lol

Hate the TM
Hate the gas mileage ( 11-12 mpg)
cant wait to see the difference after a cai/ catback and tune

is it true that the motor runs rich for a certian amount of miles?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Red 07 LS
5800 miles on it now, extended cab regular bed. For a truck its pretty damn smooth and quiet in the interior. Torque management does blow though, especially with having just the 4.8 but with 3.23s it will drop back down to 2nd at 70 and take off hard. I have definitely grown to love it, just wish I could've afforded an LT2 model at the time but I was impatient and jumped the gun and bought it on impulse.

Only problem is with the 60e, upon slowing down it downshifts back into 1st roughly. Or sometimes when I do more of a sudden stop and then let go of the brakes it abruptly grabs first and the whole driveline clunks as if it was under load and then just released it. Any ideas?
that is TM at its best!!!!! i brought mine back to the dealer complaining of the same thing, and they showed me a memo from HQ that said this would happen from "aggressive driving" and that nothing was to be done by the dealer. they also told me (in confidence) that it could be fixed with programing, but that they were not allowed to do it..... and having it done would void the warranty.

Quick Reply: Miles and Problems on NNBS