Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Miles and Problems on NNBS

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

16,000 miles. purchased new in April

I've spent almost $5,000 turning this truck into the vette I wanted to get, lol.
I'm not done, but I am close. If I would have purchased the vette my gas bill would be lower, lol.

The only problem I have with this truck is the rattling inside the a/c vents at fans speeds above 50%.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2500 miles purchased new in August. like the looks, love the interior, the seats are very comfortable. rides and handles great, sounds great with the hooker muffler.many blind spots due to small windows and large roof pillars and huge front end. hate how it runs with stock tune; torque management is , power output is pathetic on the stock tune. after the tune it had substantial power gains, but throttle response was still due to no adjustments available for the throttle blade opening speed on hptuners. running on stock tune for now until my tuner can get back in it to see if he can make a miracle happen. did i mention torque management sucks?..............
Old 10-05-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

my buddy got an 07 gmc 2500 4x4 with the diesel. He had a tranny speed sensor go out on it with 53 miles on it! The tranny wouldn't shift out of first. He still likes it though.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

3500 miles purchased in september. 07' ECSB VMAX 2WD LTZ, no problems at all, the ride is smooth, quiet and the A-pillers are huge! The TM is so supergay I think it has its own cape and boots to match! The truck is stock for now but thats only because I'm working on a 68' Chevelle. Yeah baby!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lt1rx798
that is TM at its best!!!!! i brought mine back to the dealer complaining of the same thing, and they showed me a memo from HQ that said this would happen from "aggressive driving" and that nothing was to be done by the dealer. they also told me (in confidence) that it could be fixed with programing, but that they were not allowed to do it..... and having it done would void the warranty.
Great
Old 10-08-2007, 02:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by circusboy
The only problem I have with this truck is the rattling inside the a/c vents at fans speeds above 50%.
Weird. One of the things that impressed me with this truck was how quiet the vents/ducts are at all settings. Can't hardly hear them at lower settings.

Unless you dropped something in there, take it in for warranty.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Teching In

I barely have 1200 miles on 07 Vmax and no problems so far. I like how I can let is sit for two weeks (definetly not my daily driver) and the battery doesn't go dead like my 04 did. Can't wait to pull a loaded car/trailer to compare against my old truck and my Father's 04 2500 6.0/4L80 CCSB.

Please someone tell me the lack of power and throttle response you can measure with a sundial will lessen once it gets "broken in"! I will seriously look into getting a tune if the difference is night vs. day and it DOES NOT VOID the 100k powertrain warranty. Also, the 4k rev limiter in Park is kinda gay, not like I was planning on dropping it into drive at that RPM, just want to hear the exhaust note.

Not sure if I'll even mod this one at all, I've got other toys for that.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So is anyone having any good luck and or bad luck with a tune that disables the AFM?....My dad absolutely hates the idea of those cylinders not getting fuel, but still thrashing away.....if it works and works good, id say he'll be interested in one
Old 10-29-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

He will NOT regret getting a good tune...... Tell him to go for it....
Old 10-29-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChevyMan23
So is anyone having any good luck and or bad luck with a tune that disables the AFM?....My dad absolutely hates the idea of those cylinders not getting fuel, but still thrashing away.....if it works and works good, id say he'll be interested in one
You can disable the AFM without a full tune if you are just learning (like me). It is simply a field that you either select "enable" or "disable."

Quick Reply: Miles and Problems on NNBS