Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

engine failure on 2011 silverado at 6k miles

Old 09-09-2011, 09:22 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if i could finally afford to buy something new and that happened i would push for the truck to be at a dealership closer to where i lived even if i had to pay for the tow , and also want a fresh engine
Old 09-09-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brady, what kind of loaner did they put you in?
Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

How many mile were on the truck when you bought it? you shouldnt have filthy oil at first change
Old 09-09-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RacinRust
Brady, what kind of loaner did they put you in?

2011 GMC Terrain beat to **** with hail dents. Im not gonna complain about that though, at least it runs....but it doesnt really get the job done like the Silverado Im paying for.

Gonzo:
I believe it had 92 miles on it when it was put into service. And what pisses me off the most is I was planning on keeping this pickup for years so I put only the best oil, best filter, and it had been run EXCLUSIVELY on premium unleaded gasoline.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey Gonz I noticed you have leveling blocks. Do you know if those would fit my 2011 2WD?
Old 09-10-2011, 12:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Man that sure sounds like a crappy way for gm to handle it. BUT the dealerships hands are tied kinda. The dealer can only perform what GM will authorize them to do because otherwise it is money out of the dealers pocket. IF I were you I would call the GM customer care number located in your owners manual and start bitching and screaming and raising holy hell until somebody gets a new motor headed your direction.

This is what gm's 100,000 mile warranty means. If it craps outside of 36K or at 95K they are only going to perform a half *** repair to get it outside of the warranty period. Or in your case a half *** repair to make it run again but still leave you a POS motor.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:40 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Please tell me that you've already called GM Customer Assistance, and you already have a Case Number.

Everything that GM does, in terms of customer assistance, starts with that case number. That's your starting point, then you've got to start climbing the ladder.

You also would be wise to have some conversations with your purchasing dealer general manager, and with the general manager of the dealership who is repairing your truck. Trust me on this, skip right over the service managers.

The general managers(especially your selling dealer) is going to be very concerned with how you are treated, and how it relates to his future sales. The service manager is paid strictly off the bottom line of the service department.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:17 AM
On The Tree

If you aren't happy with their way of treating the case...... perform a bad case of a stuck throttle into the showroom and the overly priced corvettes and camaros. I guess you could walk away with some satisfaction and not like a little doggie with his tail between your legs. Not only that..... it would be fun. Something to laugh about ...."at a later time"
Old 09-10-2011, 09:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Please tell me that you've already called GM Customer Assistance, and you already have a Case Number.

Everything that GM does, in terms of customer assistance, starts with that case number. That's your starting point, then you've got to start climbing the ladder.

You also would be wise to have some conversations with your purchasing dealer general manager, and with the general manager of the dealership who is repairing your truck. Trust me on this, skip right over the service managers.

The general managers(especially your selling dealer) is going to be very concerned with how you are treated, and how it relates to his future sales. The service manager is paid strictly off the bottom line of the service department.
Coming from a guy that use to work in the dealership business I would follow this advice.
Originally Posted by vschmole
If you aren't happy with their way of treating the case...... perform a bad case of a stuck throttle into the showroom and the overly priced corvettes and camaros. I guess you could walk away with some satisfaction and not like a little doggie with his tail between your legs. Not only that..... it would be fun. Something to laugh about ...."at a later time"
While I think this would make a great video for youtube and would be a good laugh while behind bars please don't destroy brand new Vettes and Camaros, I hve been a Vette fan for way to long
Old 09-10-2011, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

The dealer general manager is going to be your best bet to get the new engine instead of the rebuilt. Just remind them of the customer satisfaction survey. One bad not satisfied really drives down the dealers overall score. This customer care score for the dealers is very important to them.
I have been through this earlier this year! That was the tool that got the dealer to do a "equall value trade" and got me into another truck. GM will stick to it's warranty policy to the letter.. A GM buy back will be way down the road if problems still exists. Your best bet now is to get the new engine instead of the repair.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: engine failure on 2011 silverado at 6k miles