Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

2008 Silverado projector retrofit...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vdrsnk04
i don't blame you. no i didn't have to grind that down for them to sit properly.
Can you send me pictures I started cutting my lows and I'm second guessing my highs
Old 12-24-2015, 08:34 AM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Silveradojp
No I didn't already have them. I ordered the d2s when I researched and found that they where close performance wise on fxr and still being a mini and after searching the mini d2s is smaller than h1 I think it measured 5 1/2" long overall length and I think I'm not sure but the h1 is a hair longer and a hair thicker. But I'm not 100% sure maybe if u buy them soon we can compare measures with calipers. And it doesn't seem to hard to install I just need to find the time to actually start cutting and getting them mounted on the suspense is killing me to trust me.
There is a video in the tube showing a comparison. The D2S is bit larger than the H1. Not by much though.

I'm hoping to go cut them in about 20 minutes and I have all four projectors in give them a email they'll give you a 50$ discount code.... But besides that here's some pics of light and the projector itself just light output I guess I'll figure how to add more in a second
I just realized you are doing a quad retro. It was recommended to me to only do lows.
That's pretty bright. I'm looking forward to getting mine. I found the D2S for a deal, now I need to get the rest from TRS.
Will you be using the high beam function in them?
Old 12-24-2015, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tig
There is a video in the tube showing a comparison. The D2S is bit larger than the H1. Not by much though.

I just realized you are doing a quad retro. It was recommended to me to only do lows.
That's pretty bright. I'm looking forward to getting mine. I found the D2S for a deal, now I need to get the rest from TRS.
Will you be using the high beam function in them?
Yeah man after cutting one of my lows I am realizing that it's a little difficult to do without taking the bowls out of the housing so I might just do my lows I'll sell you a set of d2s x lens lhd if your interested?
Old 12-24-2015, 11:46 AM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Yeah man after cutting one of my lows I am realizing that it's a little difficult to do without taking the bowls out of the housing so I might just do my lows I'll sell you a set of d2s x lens lhd if your interested?

You have to take the bowls out to fit them and mark them for cutting.

Can you take pictures as you progress?
I'm trying to find some "how to" on retrofitting with not much success.

me know, I just scored a set of brand new D2S', that's why I'm doing retrofit headlights, hah. I'd use them in my wife's car.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tig
You have to take the bowls out to fit them and mark them for cutting.

Can you take pictures as you progress?
I'm trying to find some "how to" on retrofitting with not much success.

me know, I just scored a set of brand new D2S', that's why I'm doing retrofit headlights, hah. I'd use them in my wife's car.
I can take pics of my driver side headlight to show you I used a 1-1/2" hole cutter I forgot what's it called but it used to cut the holes on a door **** but I went a size up to cut the hole bigger by half a inch to see how much further back the projector will sit I'm thinking I might have to cut as much As rubber might be so I can stick the projector surround inside the light housing I'll show you just I have the light at the shop and it won't be till later. But if I do sell the set I can let it go for 130... And we can figure shipping shouldn't be more than 10$ but I'll keep you posted
Old 12-24-2015, 02:39 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

I can take pics of my driver side headlight to show you I used a 1-1/2" hole cutter I forgot what's it called but it used to cut the holes on a door **** but I went a size up to cut the hole bigger by half a inch to see how much further back the projector will sit I'm thinking I might have to cut as much As rubber might be so I can stick the projector surround inside the light housing I'll show you just I have the light at the shop and it won't be till later. But if I do sell the set I can let it go for 130... And we can figure shipping shouldn't be more than 10$ but I'll keep you posted
Lookin forward to those pictures.

I'll keep you posted about buying them.
Once I get mine, I'll have an idea of the size and fitment into my wifes car.

How much space do you have behind your headlight assembly?
Old 12-24-2015, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tig
Lookin forward to those pictures.

I'll keep you posted about buying them.
Once I get mine, I'll have an idea of the size and fitment into my wifes car.

How much space do you have behind your headlight assembly?
Ill get you accurate measurements behind my headlight assembly without headlights on its not much. This might take more time than I thought because I have disassembled the headlight itself but here is the forum in going off of so maybe it'll give you a better idea for now.

Retrofitted: 2008 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax ?DirtyMax? Good Weather/Bad Weather Quad Retro | HeadlightRetrofits.com
Old 12-24-2015, 03:45 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Ill get you accurate measurements behind my headlight assembly without headlights on its not much. This might take more time than I thought because I have disassembled the headlight itself but here is the forum in going off of so maybe it'll give you a better idea for now.

Retrofitted: 2008 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax ?DirtyMax? Good Weather/Bad Weather Quad Retro | HeadlightRetrofits.com
THANK YOU, man finally a good idea of what needs to be done.
I agree, patience is a virtue, haha.
I appreciate it 08
Old 12-24-2015, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tig
THANK YOU, man finally a good idea of what needs to be done.
I agree, patience is a virtue, haha.
I appreciate it 08
Defiantly not a problem there is a thread where it's just there lows how to I'll have to search. In the one I sent you I'm a little timid to cut off the bowls to cut the hole that large. I am trying to just use the thread behind the projector light maybe a little jb weld but not the three nuts. And there was another quad setup. I also got a email from trs telling me they don't recommend the projector to sit close to the lens but they haven't had problems with the ones they set up.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:54 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Defiantly not a problem there is a thread where it's just there lows how to I'll have to search. In the one I sent you I'm a little timid to cut off the bowls to cut the hole that large. I am trying to just use the thread behind the projector light maybe a little jb weld but not the three nuts. And there was another quad setup. I also got a email from trs telling me they don't recommend the projector to sit close to the lens but they haven't had problems with the ones they set up.
I can completely understand.
I cant believe how much material is removed, there's almost no bowl left.

That's what someone told me. It shouldn't sit too close to the lens but if that's how it fits, its not really a problem. Though I'm going to try and have them further back.

Quick Reply: 2008 Silverado projector retrofit...