Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

2008 Escalade 6.2 Awd Busted Motor Mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 01:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Escalade 6.2 Awd Busted Motor Mount

River side motor mount is busted, I come to find out. Dealer said 700. I said no thanks.

Has anyone swapped motor mounts on an AWD? How was it? Any advice? I've heard the driver manifold and front axle have to come off.

And just to double check one last time, nobody makes a poly motor mount for these vehicles? I don't know why the hell they wouldn't...

Has anyone used DEA for replacement? How are they?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:31 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just did a pair (you may as well do both) on the same year esky. I pulled the passenger manifold and was able to wedge the driver side by just removing the steering colum shaft at the racknpinion. Its a pita to get those mounts out on a 4x4/awd but i didnt touch the front diff.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RS/SS 4.8
Just did a pair (you may as well do both) on the same year esky. I pulled the passenger manifold and was able to wedge the driver side by just removing the steering colum shaft at the racknpinion. Its a pita to get those mounts out on a 4x4/awd but i didnt touch the front diff.
Well that's good news. Only thing I was worried about was pulling the axle. I never have before and wasn't sure how that boot came off.

I take it that it CAN be done on jack stands then? Tools are no issue at all, but I do t have a lift not access to one.

I'll grab the DEA mounts and hope for the best. I'll be doing the trans mount as well.

It still baffles me that with all the options and supercharger kits and everything that NO ONE has grabbed the bull by the horns and made a damn poly mount for these. The driver side tearing is RIDICULOUSLY common.

I figured while I'm in there I'd grab a set of Speed Engineering long tubes and throw them on. I just hope that Y is gonna work with the Corsa Sport. I believe mine is 3.5" and the Y is 3".

I have a feeling I'll be doing some tig welding unless someone has installed these before and can shed some pointers. Maybe that itself needs its own thread...?
Old 02-22-2015, 08:59 AM
10 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes it can be done on jackstands and it will help to remove the wheel liners on both sides.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:40 PM
TECH Veteran

That's planned, yes. It'll definitely make it easier. Probably going to do brakes as well.

This can't be any harder than doing an FBody.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please take pictures, I would love to see this.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gnasty1521
Please take pictures, I would love to see this.
Definitely will do. I usually make my own threads just for these types of repairs. Even CadillacForums really had nothing other than pics of the busted mount. That's great, but it doesn't SHOW me anything.

Once and for all there will be a thread with pics showing what to do.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did mine along with installing longtubes. Same everything. I removed the front drive shaft, removed the manifold, jacked up engine slightly, cut the heat shield so I could access the bolts and it took about an hour that way. Good time go change plugs and check front u joints too.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by mjcotroneo
I just did mine along with installing longtubes. Same everything. I removed the front drive shaft, removed the manifold, jacked up engine slightly, cut the heat shield so I could access the bolts and it took about an hour that way. Good time go change plugs and check front u joints too.
6spd auto? What long tubes did you go with? Is like to do them while I'm in there as well.

Why did you have to remove the front DS and the intake manifold?

Plugs and wires are already on their way.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:46 PM
TECH Veteran

So much for ordering brakes.

Apparently there's 2 designs for the front pads in 2008 and the damn dealer can't tell me which one I need w/o seeing it themselves.

I need to go by the caliper bracket casting #...

Looks like I'll be giving it a peek for either 351c/352c or 285/268

Last edited by dr_whigham; 02-23-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 Escalade 6.2 Awd Busted Motor Mount