Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Got to run my first brand new Nissan titan tonight.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, thats not too much more than my times, 14.762. I must have been asleep at the lights when I ran that Ram. My reaction times were for **** that whole night anyways, except when I ran that mustang.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default titan

the titan 5.6 endurance is based off the LS1. ha and the starter is inside the motor. u have to take the intake manifold off to change the starter.haha
Old 02-17-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the basis of it being based off a LS1? I was not aware the LS1 was a DOHC engine. ha.....ha.......ha ha...ha......................ha
Old 02-17-2005, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

all i can say is that those trucks are POS there is a kid here that has one, took it off roading a couple of times, and he was driving out of a parking lot and one tire got stuck in the mud on the side of the street ad couldn't move, he finally got it out, but bec of the offroading he caused 15K worth of damage, needed whole new rearend, and trans, and some other stuff
Old 02-17-2005, 01:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow. I wonder what else he was doing. I have over 100 dragstrip runs (about 50 nitrous runs) and haven't had anything go wrong.

But to each his own. I expect posts like that on a non-Titan forum. I won't hedge your Exploder even though mine was absolute junk.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Regular

To the Head and to all,

If those motors are based off the 3.5L, then it's going to be strong. My uncle is a high end machinest in central NJ and he has been working with a drag team that races a turbo 350z. With a stock crank, stock rods, new pistons, and custom ARP bolts (made from the same material as the ARP top fuel motor bolts ~$1800.00 per bolt set, per motor) the motor is pushing ~2000 hp. I'm not joking.

BTW, his company is called Weston Machine (he does a lot of work for prostock, nascar, and a lot of work for Jesel)

Jeff
Old 02-17-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by the head
Wow. I wonder what else he was doing. I have over 100 dragstrip runs (about 50 nitrous runs) and haven't had anything go wrong.

But to each his own. I expect posts like that on a non-Titan forum. I won't hedge your Exploder even though mine was absolute junk.
i know explorers are junk, i don't like it, but it is all that i got for the time being, until i can get my truck in april, i am not saying all titans are junk, i guess it all depends on the way you treat it, but this kid was an idiot, he didn't even know what a differential was and had just put in a limited slip from the factory, in actuallity i like nissans, they are one of the few imports i would drive, my mom just bought a murano, and it is really nice, but i just don't like the roof lines on titans or the front bumper too much. as for power discussion, the titans should be more powerful than the silverado, the silverado, has the oldest design out of any of the full size trucks, and you should always have more power than your compeditors when you release a new truck, as for ford, they messed up when they put out their new trucks, they have only a little more power, and too much weight.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:43 PM
Truck addict

i agree with the newer trucks should have more power and should be better overall than the trucks that have been out. think about it. nissan had 50 years to come up with a fullsize truck. so did toyota. the big 3 consisently have been putting out trucks since the beginning of the 1900's. (don't go get technical and get dates, i could care less) anyway, gm's design is dated now. when the new one comes out, it will probably be rated higher than all the other trucks, then dodge will come out with a new design, and ford, then toyo and nissan. ever revolving cycle.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by stone150
i know explorers are junk, i don't like it, but it is all that i got for the time being, until i can get my truck in april, i am not saying all titans are junk, i guess it all depends on the way you treat it, but this kid was an idiot, he didn't even know what a differential was and had just put in a limited slip from the factory, in actuallity i like nissans, they are one of the few imports i would drive, my mom just bought a murano, and it is really nice, but i just don't like the roof lines on titans or the front bumper too much. as for power discussion, the titans should be more powerful than the silverado, the silverado, has the oldest design out of any of the full size trucks, and you should always have more power than your compeditors when you release a new truck, as for ford, they messed up when they put out their new trucks, they have only a little more power, and too much weight.
I didn't say explorers were junk. You might want to go back and read your post because there really isn't any other way to interpret your quote of : all i can say is that those trucks are POS . But hey, whatever. I'm not saying you gotta like them, but jeez, I guarantee that kid did more than that to break the dang thing. V8 (Kevin) has had some pretty harsh quotes on the titans from a while back but he is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I don't hold that against him at all. And I fit you in the same category because I don't know you. But to judge something that quickly just like that, well, it just gets my attention.

Besides, if I had feelings - they'd be hurt. Instead I'll just go back to
Old 02-17-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought that you were going to lose on this one. BTW you should have contained yourself and closed the cutouts... should have built some confidence in him a little. That would have been fun.

Quick Reply: Got to run my first brand new Nissan titan tonight.