Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Would i gain a decent amount of power with long tubes on my 6.0 max supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would i gain a decent amount of power with long tubes on my 6.0 max supercharged

I have 07 6.0 max with a 2300 super charger 8psi, ls9 cam truck runs very good
great power.SHIFT AT 6300!!I have stock exhaust from head to toe,i like quiet thats why i have this exhaust BUT do u guys think i could gain 30 40 horse w long tube headers im sure my truck needs alot more breathing>if its very minimal gains i wont do it.I read alot of posts on exhaust most guys say its to loud sounds crappy i want to gain but be quiet within reason i guess.WOULD A 6.2 EXHAUST HELP I JUST HAVE THE 2.75 EXHAUST.IS THE Y PIPE BETTER FROM A 6.2 OR THE SAME!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Definitely need to step up and buy headers and a 3 inch exhaust with a s/c 6.0

I dont know about 30 or 40 horses, but probably very possible with the supercharger + being able to flow exhaust better. And if you're concerned about being too loud, get a 3 inch catback and have a big magnaflow and an inline bullet muffler to keep it nearly stock quiet.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:46 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You most definitely need to uncork your engine and let it exhale!!

20-40+ horse is easily achieveable with a set of headers and free flowing muffler.

Do It!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:12 PM
On The Tree

Thats what i wana here so ur saying long tube headers rite and which ones i usually buy middle of the road stuf not cheapest not the best.so the cats would be gone than rite.what do u guys use to join headers together.wat h pipe
Old 10-24-2011, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the cheapest are typically pacesetters and obx... I think the in the middle headers are like LPP or something like that, and the more expensive being ARH and kooks and those things. With that much power you're making, I would recommended bigger primaries 1 and 7/8" would probably suit you best. Might be a bit more expensive, but they'll be worth it with that supercharger.

The cats are typically gone with a longtube header install, unless you buy a Y-pipe and have cats welded in to match. I know some headers come with the option to buy the offroad Y to match it to your existing catback.

If you're running duals, I think you can run them into an X pipe then into your duals, but I don't know too much about LTs + true duals...
Old 10-24-2011, 08:34 PM
On The Tree

I wana stick to a single exhaust out back like the votec max has but put the bigger tailpipe on like the 6.2 has.will i loose alot of low end, and will i loose my 8psi i have now?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Then you use a Y pipe for a single tailpipe. imo get longtube headers with an offroad y and a full magnaflow or corsa catback. Stick more mufflers in there to quiet it down if that gets too loud.

And no, with the SC and everything, you shouldnt have to worry about any loss of power anywhere.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It will be louder than stock if you go catless. I have a 7" round by 12" and a 22" long Magnaflow mufflers and it's still pretty loud over 2500 rpm. Plus the header noise, since headers are thinner than stock manifolds, resonates in the cab and sounds like an exhaust leak. I even dynamatted all my doors and rear liftgate but it's still very there.

Buy yeah, big difference in power, no doubt about that. I lost a bit of low end, but picked up tons of top end. Blowers love to breathe.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:20 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I went from 10-11 psi to 7-8 psi with my header/exhaust upgrades. It was also faster with just 8 psi, significantly. Remember, boost pressure is really just a measurement of restriction, not a measurement of power.

Pulley swap from 3.0 to 2.8 gives me 9-10 psi now, and put my truck in the 11's.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

are you 2 or 4wd. I would definately look into a set of headers. 1 7/8" headers would be sweet, but they are pricey in stainless. keep an eye out for calspeed, they r trying to design an econ. stainless 1 7/8 header. but they will only work if your 2wd.
you could try a header/high flow cats/ and a factory 6.2 ehaust.

Quick Reply: Would i gain a decent amount of power with long tubes on my 6.0 max supercharged