Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP Want to go 12.5's or so in a ECSB 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZebes
James man your gonna make me cry

Well **** nvm, i just added all my **** up and i've spend nearly 6k and i dont have one "Power Adder" yet

Just all supporting mods
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!LOL!!!! The funny thing about the list that I put together for the totals, the totals don't include shipping or tax on most of the stuff because I used SDPP, Jegs, Summit..........local speed shop to get the prices on the parts. I didn't feel like getting all of the receipts out to calc in the cost of part, tax and shipping. Ohhh another thing, this also doesn't include supplies and misc. stuff like nuts and bolts.

Then I get guys telling me to put the hose on and I'm like "this means getting the kit, beef-up the tranny more".......what else. I'm going to ride like this for awhile and see what happens next..........

James
Old 09-12-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Ok so you want a 12.5 second truck in 2011. That's cool I guess. Why not just sell it and buy a single cab that will take you less time and money to run a 12.x

You are killing me Mark!!!!!! A 12.5 truck in 2011!!!!!!

Still laughing!!!

James
Old 09-12-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by closet red neck
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!LOL!!!! The funny thing about the list that I put together for the totals, the totals don't include shipping or tax on most of the stuff because I used SDPP, Jegs, Summit..........local speed shop to get the prices on the parts. I didn't feel like getting all of the receipts out to calc in the cost of part, tax and shipping. Ohhh another thing, this also doesn't include supplies and misc. stuff like nuts and bolts.

Then I get guys telling me to put the hose on and I'm like "this means getting the kit, beef-up the tranny more".......what else. I'm going to ride like this for awhile and see what happens next..........

James
man i know, the most depressing part is that i just did the math and i have spent +-$6600 so far and have seen almost no hp increase and no real ET increase. but i have MUCH stronger drivetrain to support a head and cam 5.3l with some sort of large hair dryer

and the sad part is that the total doesnt include what i have invested in parts sitting on my floor and in my storage unit.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by closet red neck

You are killing me Mark!!!!!! A 12.5 truck in 2011!!!!!!

Still laughing!!!

James
I'm 400 miles away from my truck(which is in pieces) so I take it out on people here.

On a slightly related note....do you want to make $200 and reinstall my tranny? Only catch is you have to drive to my house and do it yourself because like I said I'm 400 miles away. I live about 10-12 minutes away from Cody FWIW. I need to pm him and make him the same offer.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm 400 miles away from my truck(which is in pieces) so I take it out on people here.

On a slightly related note....do you want to make $200 and reinstall my tranny? Only catch is you have to drive to my house and do it yourself because like I said I'm 400 miles away. I live about 10-12 minutes away from Cody FWIW. I need to pm him and make him the same offer.
uuuuuummmmm...........NO!!!!!

James
Old 09-12-2007, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

OK so basically all we have here are nay sayers for the most part.

I guess I'll just do whatever and see where it takes me.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Slow91z
OK so basically all we have here are nay sayers for the most part.

I guess I'll just do whatever and see where it takes me.
No we're not nay-sayers. You just want something that's apparently unobtainable for your budget.

Do you want us to tell you that you can put a turbo on it and run 12's all day? Ok sure, Buy the STS kit for $4000 and go take it out to the track, spend $50 and get a boost controller and turn it up to 30 pounds. Take it to the track and tell us what you ran.

We're sitting here giving you advice and apparently it's going in one ear and out the other.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No we're not nay-sayers. You just want something that's apparently unobtainable for your budget.

Do you want us to tell you that you can put a turbo on it and run 12's all day? Ok sure, Buy the STS kit for $4000 and go take it out to the track, spend $50 and get a boost controller and turn it up to 30 pounds. Take it to the track and tell us what you ran.

We're sitting here giving you advice and apparently it's going in one ear and out the other.

30 pounds on a stock motor. He would blow a head gasket befor he got half way down the track. Thats if the whole motor didn't blow first.

But he is right, we are not nay-sayers, you just have a pretty tall order.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usarmyman
30 pounds on a stock motor. He would blow a head gasket befor he got half way down the track. Thats if the whole motor didn't blow first.

But he is right, we are not nay-sayers, you just have a pretty tall order.

umm, im pretty sure he would probably throw a rod or something similar first.

if you pick your parts right, you can do it but it will take a power adder and all the supporting mods. and probably some internal mods too.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by nightrunner
umm, im pretty sure he would probably throw a rod or something similar first.

if you pick your parts right, you can do it but it will take a power adder and all the supporting mods. and probably some internal mods too.
Exactly. I told him exactly what he needed and even gave him prices so I don't see what he's bitching about.

Quick Reply: HELP Want to go 12.5's or so in a ECSB 4x4