Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got an LSXR intake free... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twolow02fransen
if this works for you im def looking into doing the LSXR over the POS LSXRT i bought
Kurt check this out:

ls1/2/6 fast 102 intake
Old 05-26-2013, 12:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by twolow02fransen
if this works for you im def looking into doing the LSXR over the POS LSXRT i bought

i got the intake if you need it its for rectangular port heads though, i personally dont think theres a LSXr for cathederal port they do make one for the square port which is ls7 ?

Originally Posted by ShredSled
Pretty sure its cathedral.

But anyway, was really hoping on some more insightful tips on the car intake swap with truck accessories. And/or ls1 Meziere ewp mounting... Anyone know if the Dingo spacers for regular body water pump will work with the ewp?
Oh and what's up with fuel rails? Will the OE style rail kit that FAST offers work with my return style system?
Anyone?
thats the rectangular port intake goes with ls3 heads, your injectors wont work you'll need ls3 injectors ( not sure ) i do have some fast 50# lb injecors if needed, also the modified alternator bracket and the bolt and pulley that needs to be moved for the center hole of bracket.. have the block offs and probably the cross over needed. its pretty simple to install .. also have fuel rails from FAST yours wont work.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinF56
Kurt check this out:

ls1/2/6 fast 102 intake
thanks kevin i saw that on craigslist but im going to do the 92MM car setup since ive got a 92MM TB
Old 05-26-2013, 02:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Measure the widths of the ports. Those look way too skinny to be rectangle ports. I have a rectangle port lsxr sitting in my room that I can measure and compare.

They absolutely have lsxr intakes for cathedral ports Skeet. A ton of people run them on f body's. They probably have them on FAST's webpage. I believe they make a total of four 102 versions.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:31 PM
TECH Resident

They are cathedral on this intake.

Aren't ls3 style injectors shorter than my marines? If so I'll just space up the fuel rails. But still deciding if I need/want the fast "OE" look fuel rails, or the billet ones.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by oakley6575
Measure the widths of the ports. Those look way too skinny to be rectangle ports. I have a rectangle port lsxr sitting in my room that I can measure and compare.

They absolutely have lsxr intakes for cathedral ports Skeet. A ton of people run them on f body's. They probably have them on FAST's webpage. I believe they make a total of four 102 versions.

my bad thank you for correction, been along time since i been on FAST website and dont really pay attention to much other. just looked at my intake yes huge difference in ports lol!! plus the ls3 !

hey shred i retract what i said i apoligize for missed info, id think your injectors would work fine sorry but not sure on the rails, seems like most use the kit thats offered though
Old 05-27-2013, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

No worries skeet.
Hey Oakley, I see in your video it looks like you had to alter your upper radiator hose?
And how did you figure your belt length, is that something you got from Dingo?
Are you using a vette tensioner?
Old 06-12-2013, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Alright, got just a few parts on the way to get the ball rolling on this swap project... but man, never thought a FREE intake would still cost so much money to install haha!

I'm still a bit lost on what to do as far as fuel rails though... looking at the FAST "OE" style rails for LSX-R and "ls1/ls6", but not sure it'll work with return style, or if it'll come with proper spacers for my 8.1 Marine injectors?

Also, since I'll be putting on a 102mm tb, would I see much benefit in spending the extra coin on a TSP 100mm MAF?? Will that even plug into my 2001 harness? Looks like a newer card style which I know nothing about...
Old 06-12-2013, 01:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShredSled
No worries skeet.
Hey Oakley, I see in your video it looks like you had to alter your upper radiator hose?
And how did you figure your belt length, is that something you got from Dingo?
Are you using a vette tensioner?
Sorry I just saw this. As far as the radiator hose, I couldn't find anything in the CAP or NAPA books that would fit with the ls1 water pump. I can't remember what radiator hose I ended up using but I had to cut it int he center and add an aluminum tube for added length. I thought I would have problems with it leaking but it never has. Doesn't look to bad but it isn't my favorite. If you find something that works, post it up here and I will switch. The belt length was given to me with by dirty dingo. I think the belt came in the relocation kit. I think I'm using a car tensioner because the water pump spacing is different.

Right now I'm swapping CAI to accommodate a card style maf. You will have to buy a new plug since the plug pins are different. Also the tune will need to be adjusted.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Baltimore Whore

I would sell it, buy a diff intake ?TB/SS, Edy, Holley one and sell that *****, pocket the extra money or guy buy some beer for you and the guy who you got it from

Quick Reply: Got an LSXR intake free... now what?