Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got an LSXR intake free... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you done yet?
Old 08-10-2013, 11:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bumpers
are you done yet?
Haha yeah, it's all done except fuel system now. Then have my dyno tune scheduled Monday with TJ (hellbents10) @ BEI.

What's holding me up right now is the fact that I have NO CLUE where I can mount my C5 Vette fuel filter/FPR?! Never used one before for a conversion to keep a return style fuel system so I have no idea...

Check my other thread:
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-where-520833/

So, anyone reading here know if I can safely mount this thing to a current stud on my firewall, or if not there, possibly to the back of the drivers' side head? There is a built in ground strap on the Fuel filter... so I don't know if it has to be grounded to the frame or what?

...also have this thing up on jackstands right now trying to figure out if my CV shafts can clear some coilovers, or if I'll need custom off set mounts...

Not sure if any of you guys have heard of Woodward Dream Cruise? It's one of the original hot spots for cruising in the Motor City back in the day... and now it's just a huge event, kind of a cluster of a parade of thousands of classic/muscle/rods/etc. trying to drive between Detroit and Pontiac, which is cool and all for scoping out cars... but at night all week it turns into a big street race with everyone trying to show off their baddest and fastest, so I'm trying to get the truck street worthy to go down and leap some lights on some unsuspecting people!
Old 10-30-2013, 11:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I almost forgot to update this thread.

I'll put up more details and some final photos later, but I will say it gained some on the dyno, but what I'm most stoked about was that I dropped two tenths exactly off my 1320! And this was into a steady headwind compared to calm conditions for my last personal best!

I think I might talk to TJ about some very minor tune tweaks too.

I was a little skeptical if the 102mm tb would be too big for my little 6.0 h/c combo but street ability is like OE and throttle response is oh so quick! Couldn't be happier!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ShredSled
Hey I almost forgot to update this thread.

I'll put up more details and some final photos later, but I will say it gained some on the dyno, but what I'm most stoked about was that I dropped two tenths exactly off my 1320! And this was into a steady headwind compared to calm conditions for my last personal best!

I think I might talk to TJ about some very minor tune tweaks too.

I was a little skeptical if the 102mm tb would be too big for my little 6.0 h/c combo but street ability is like OE and throttle response is oh so quick! Couldn't be happier!
ran this combo for years and i truly miss it

sorry cant help ya on the fuel filter regulator, guess you could mount it on the fire wall and make hoses for it ? i used a aftermarket FPR but i used FAST rails and such
Old 10-31-2013, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NICE
Old 11-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after i get my blower and motor all setup and the bugs worked out ill be buying one of these or a 92MM fast setup seems the truck ones are only having issues