Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got an LSXR intake free... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure its cathedral.
Name:  IMG_20130525_194712_958_zps1264cacf.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  47.8 KB

But anyway, was really hoping on some more insightful tips on the car intake swap with truck accessories. And/or ls1 Meziere ewp mounting... Anyone know if the Dingo spacers for regular body water pump will work with the ewp?
Oh and what's up with fuel rails? Will the OE style rail kit that FAST offers work with my return style system?
Anyone?
Old 05-25-2013, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I always thought u had to run a new style truck or camero water pump bc of the curved inlet neck hitting tb. Spacers will be needed and idler pulley relocation. Could prob bend the front water line to heads to clear intake. Also need lower profile valley cover bolts fast sells. Last u could prob fab fuel lines to work. I think fast sells some spacers for them to work.

A lot of work goes into installing a car intake on truck. But it does look really good when done. I prefer that intake over the fast lsxrt truck intake.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah I've got the button head valley bolts.
Not sure yet if I'll need a new coolant crossover or not. I've got the lines that connect to all 4 corners front to back and a rubber line up to radiator... Will this not fit under the lsxr?
I see that MTI racing makes a braided one but it only connects front of heads. Will I run into issues not having rear?
Doesn't 7 run hot already back there?
Also, those Dingo water pump spacers come with one tapped with a port to connect lines to, what's the deal with that?

Oh and to add another serious questions, anyone have photos of some throttle cable brackets on an LSXR?
Old 05-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if this works for you im def looking into doing the LSXR over the POS LSXRT i bought
Old 05-26-2013, 12:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ShredSled
Yeah I've got the button head valley bolts.
Not sure yet if I'll need a new coolant crossover or not. I've got the lines that connect to all 4 corners front to back and a rubber line up to radiator... Will this not fit under the lsxr?
I see that MTI racing makes a braided one but it only connects front of heads. Will I run into issues not having rear?
Doesn't 7 run hot already back there?
Also, those Dingo water pump spacers come with one tapped with a port to connect lines to, what's the deal with that?

Oh and to add another serious questions, anyone have photos of some throttle cable brackets on an LSXR?
I have a stock LS3 intake on my truck right now. I used an f body water pump, dirty dingo wp spacers, and stock truck coolant crossover. You have to bend the crossover quite a bit but it worked. The spacers are tapped for you to run the crossover to instead of going back to the radiator. NOTHING will fit under the LSXR intake. It is a tight squeeze. I have the rears blocked off on my heads and the crossover routed to the dingo spacers. You will have to mill the the alternator bracket as you probably already know and relocate the idler pulley. I used the dirty dingo relocation kit as well.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by twolow02fransen
if this works for you im def looking into doing the LSXR over the POS LSXRT i bought
I will be putting my LSXR soon. I will let you know if I have any problems. Seems like the only issues have been with the truck intake
Old 05-26-2013, 01:03 AM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oakley6575
I will be putting my LSXR soon. I will let you know if I have any problems. Seems like the only issues have been with the truck intake
sweet hopefully it works out for you sadly i made the mistake of buying the truck intake over a car one
Old 05-26-2013, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by oakley6575
I have a stock LS3 intake on my truck right now. I used an f body water pump, dirty dingo wp spacers, and stock truck coolant crossover. You have to bend the crossover quite a bit but it worked. The spacers are tapped for you to run the crossover to instead of going back to the radiator. NOTHING will fit under the LSXR intake. It is a tight squeeze. I have the rears blocked off on my heads and the crossover routed to the dingo spacers. You will have to mill the the alternator bracket as you probably already know and relocate the idler pulley. I used the dirty dingo relocation kit as well.
Much obliged my friend! Good info. So did you just cap the opening on the radiator then? Since you routed to spacer instead...
And damm looks like I gotta ditch that spider crossover and find some plugs for rear.

Happen to have any photos of your setup?

So are you happy with Dingo parts?
Wonder how they'll work with Meziere?
And looks like my Katech truck tensioner won't work with Meziere...

Is your fuel system return less?
Will I need special spacers for 8.1 Marine injectors?

You running an under drive pulley?

Oh and is a 100mm maf recommended with the 102 tb??
Old 05-26-2013, 01:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Much obliged my friend! Good info. So did you just cap the opening on the radiator then? Since you routed to spacer instead... Yes I did.
And damm looks like I gotta ditch that spider crossover and find some plugs for rear. You could run some AN line and fittings from all four corners and go over the intake if you don't want to block the rears.

Happen to have any photos of your setup? Yes I will find some and post them here.

So are you happy with Dingo parts? Overall i am happy with his products. I had a problem with the idler pully bracket he sent me. One of the holes weren't recessed and the bolt stuck out enough to rub on the serpentine belt. I contacted him and he sent me a new, updated one free of charge. Good customer service.
Wonder how they'll work with Meziere? Not sure about the ewp.
And looks like my Katech truck tensioner won't work with Meziere...

Is your fuel system return less? I have a return style fuel system.
Will I need special spacers for 8.1 Marine injectors? I'm not sure. That is a question for FAST and will be determined by the fuel rails you use I think.

You running an under drive pulley? No I am running the stock truck pulley.

Oh and is a 100mm maf recommended with the 102 tb?? Yes since that will be the choking point of your intake system. I am going to wire in an LS3 card style MAF with a 4" intake tube when I put the FAST on my truck. Should let it breath a ton better
Old 05-26-2013, 01:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry I couldn't find any pics but in the last 30 seconds of this vid you can see the engine bay

LS 408 Silverado ... Exhaust and Burnout - YouTube

Quick Reply: Got an LSXR intake free... now what?