Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Build opinions for L9H...

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 07:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Build opinions for L9H...

Okay...here is my plan...ARH LT's without cats, QTP cutouts directly after headers, Y-pipe to 3.5" piping and Corsa muffler...is it better to run 2 cutouts after headers or 1 after Y...and which Corsa series would be best recommended for performance...plans for blower in the future, so I'm looking to make it pretty "free flowing"...

PS...already have the ARH LT's...no other parts purchased yet...
Old 04-18-2012, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Catless LTs through a corsa are too loud for a daily driver IMO. Save the thousand dollars on the corsa setup and buy a couple magnaflows to bring the noise down. Also, without cats I doubt a cutout is going to improve flow enough to add much power, so I'd recomend only buying one if you still want it for the volume control.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Robert91RS
Catless LTs through a corsa are too loud for a daily driver IMO. Save the thousand dollars on the corsa setup and buy a couple magnaflows to bring the noise down. Also, without cats I doubt a cutout is going to improve flow enough to add much power, so I'd recomend only buying one if you still want it for the volume control.
I mainly want the cutouts for the track...would it be safer on the engine to run a single cutout after the Y or does it not make a difference? Also I am only buying the corsa muffler and sticking with the factory 3.5" piping...are you saying you recommend putting 2 magnaflows in line??

Oh...and it's not technically a DD...I bought it in Feb. 2010 and I just rolled 12,000 miles a few days ago...I am keeping it street/strip setup though so there is a such thing as Too Loud...

Last edited by chanin6929; 04-18-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Resident

I loved my corsa with LTs and no cats, but it was a tad loud...if it were me, id get the touring muffler to keep it toned down a hair and run a single cut out in front of the muffler when you want it loud. Also, the only thing that pisses me off about corsa besides not wanting to sell mufflers individually is their obsession with 3" piping...if they would make their gas truck mufflers in a 3.5 or 4" pipe setup, id already have bought another one. Single 3" just isnt enough for some setups, which is why i got rid of my corsa and picked up a couple 4" borla's.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by zachm89
I loved my corsa with LTs and no cats, but it was a tad loud...if it were me, id get the touring muffler to keep it toned down a hair and run a single cut out in front of the muffler when you want it loud. Also, the only thing that pisses me off about corsa besides not wanting to sell mufflers individually is their obsession with 3" piping...if they would make their gas truck mufflers in a 3.5 or 4" pipe setup, id already have bought another one. Single 3" just isnt enough for some setups, which is why i got rid of my corsa and picked up a couple 4" borla's.
Interesting you should mention that...I was also considering borla simply because corsa does not make a 3.5"!! Which borla are you running, and how do you like the sound? Borla would be much easier...I've just never heard any personally...I was thinking the XR1 multicore 24" with 3.5" in and out...

Last edited by chanin6929; 04-18-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:11 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

The 6.2 cat back sounds awesome with catless LT's. If I was you I wouldnt touch the cat back, just toss in a 3.5" cut out before the muffler for the track when you want a ton of noise.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
The 6.2 cat back sounds awesome with catless LT's. If I was you I wouldnt touch the cat back, just toss in a 3.5" cut out before the muffler for the track when you want a ton of noise.
You are right...I love the sound now without the resonator...but I have a small hole at the bottom rear of the factory muffler and it seems to be getting bigger!! Gunna need to change it or weld a patch...
Old 04-18-2012, 09:38 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by chanin6929
You are right...I love the sound now without the resonator...but I have a small hole at the bottom rear of the factory muffler and it seems to be getting bigger!! Gunna need to change it or weld a patch...
Thats really weird... those things usually last forever! Honestly it will probably be too loud without the resonator and no cats, but to each his own.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
Thats really weird... those things usually last forever! Honestly it will probably be too loud without the resonator and no cats, but to each his own.
Itill have the resonator, it is fine...so maybe I put the borla on, if I think it's too loud, I just throw the resonator on!!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Launching!

22"+ muffler will be perfect with Lt's cats or no cats. Corsa will sound raspy with no resonators imo. The bigger borla will sound pretty badass.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Build opinions for L9H...