Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

TruCool 40K question

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 12:12 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TruCool 40K question

Hey guys, I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it when I searched (I'm wiped out from walking around at the Englishtown swap meet all day and totally burnt out), Tom (fastnblu) and I will both be installing our FLT Level7 65E transmissions soon, and both plan to run TruCool 40K's with cold weather bypasses...where's everybody getting them, and what's the part number for the one with the bypass? I think that everyone's getting them from ebay, just not sure which seller? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Hey guys, I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it when I searched (I'm wiped out from walking around at the Englishtown swap meet all day and totally burnt out), Tom (fastnblu) and I will both be installing our FLT Level7 65E transmissions soon, and both plan to run TruCool 40K's with cold weather bypasses...where's everybody getting them, and what's the part number for the one with the bypass? I think that everyone's getting them from ebay, just not sure which seller? Thanks in advance!

Search oregon performace transmission
Old 04-18-2010, 12:25 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Thank you sir...I've bought from them before
Old 04-18-2010, 12:33 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Damn, 160 bucks, that's a lot of scratch...I thought that they were closer to $100ish...is there somewhere cheaper or is that the going rate? If that's what it is, then that's what it is...
Old 04-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Launching!

I found them for 135 on eBay but not the one with the bypass in it
Old 04-18-2010, 01:22 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats about right. When I bought the non bypass 6 years ago it was 115, when I bought the new one for this time around it was 135ish and the bypass one was 20 more. You also take this time to go to AN fittings too with push lock hoses, makes it a ton easier to get the starter in and out on us 4wd guys since you dont have to fight the cooler lines anymore, plus not having to mess with the pesky e-clips. If youre interested in doing that, do a search under my SN in the section, a long time ago I posted the PNs for the fittings you need.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:23 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Bummer, gotta have that bypass here in the northeast and in Michigan where Tom's at
Old 04-18-2010, 01:43 AM
Banned

search again got mine 110 shipped..
Old 04-18-2010, 01:47 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Originally Posted by max1
search again got mine 110 shipped..
How about an assist? "Trucool" showed "0" results on ebay...
Old 04-18-2010, 07:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Thats about right. When I bought the non bypass 6 years ago it was 115, when I bought the new one for this time around it was 135ish and the bypass one was 20 more. You also take this time to go to AN fittings too with push lock hoses, makes it a ton easier to get the starter in and out on us 4wd guys since you dont have to fight the cooler lines anymore, plus not having to mess with the pesky e-clips. If youre interested in doing that, do a search under my SN in the section, a long time ago I posted the PNs for the fittings you need.
Thanks Cody, I'll take a look at that when I can. I wanta get a cooler to protect my investment, as does Billy. Even on a 2wd, I think some -AN would make it easier. I know a variety of co.'s make -AN style stuff. I think when I did my 89 C1500, I used Aeroquip. Made it easier to do lines after blowin (3) 60E's.

I believe Aeroquip makes a push-lock hose & the AN fittings to go along w/. it. Jiffy Tite I think too. Earls, XRP, Russells. Maybe they all do. I just like the Aeroquip, cause I like the satin S/S hose look, & red/ blue fittings.

Plus, I have some AN hose & fittings leftover from the other truck.
Thought it might come in handy on another project like this, plus it stinks when you're in midst of a big job & gotta figure out which fittings/ sizes u need. If they don't stock, now u gotta wait for a special order.

I could change it up to that all black look, but then I'd never get rid of my extra stock.

On another note, IDK if anyone has had troubles w/. Oregon Perf., but I know Jeteys5.3 did. I don't need that kinda headache if there's a prob, but that may've been an isolated incident.

Last edited by fastnblu; 04-18-2010 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Has anyone had troubles w/. Oregon Performance?

Quick Reply: TruCool 40K question