Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

trans mount issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default trans mount issue

hey yall had a quick ? im lookin at new trans mounts for my truck...only problem is i dont see any trans mounts for my truck in the poly's, id really like to get an energy susp mount for the trans, i just cant find a part number anywhere on summit or jegs, if anyone could help me out itd be greatley appreciated!!! my SK has eaten up my trans mount pretty damn bad, i can go under the truck n move my trans n t-case up a good bit...i was planning on doin a trans mount and u-joints this weekend

thanks

tj
Old 02-09-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also how would it be bad if i converted this to a solid mount???
Old 02-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Where's the Beef?

What are you doing to the truck to require you to need something other than a stock mount?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well itll be regeared later on down the road, its getting lifted and whenever i have the money itll be procharged...i get nasty wheel hop as it is so i figured that might help the drivetrain out a little bit, id rather go through the autizm zone ujoints since theyre free after 1st set than a few tranny mounts ya know? and my SK tore up a new trans stock replacement trans mount...not to mention my heavy foot at times
Old 02-09-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is an SK?? and i wouldnt think you would need an aftermarket bushing.. i would NOT get cheap U-joints.. get some spicer joints.. you will be sorry when a u joint lets go and the shaft hits the gas tank and exhaust and beats up all the underside of your truck.... sometimes it will even damage a trans or rear end....
Old 02-09-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sk is a shift kit, mines set up for street/strip useage, no torque management either so it frickin slams, anything over 1/4throttle will bark on the 1-2 on 33s with the vette servo not installed yet. as for spicers, id love to get em or solids but i cant find the part # for the steel driveshaft just the aluminum...as for cheap u joints...well i went through 6pairs in my old 90, then when the one set let loose i shattered my driveshaft in 3pieces n did some transfercase damage, def dont want that happening to this truck...as for aftermarket bushing dont you think id be better off since i tore up a stock replacement? n well be rather safe than sorry?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also you need to get something to fix your wheel hop.... like some ladder bars or something...

something like this that will not let the axle rotate under acceleration

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=209671886
Old 02-09-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

those are pretty sick man! ive looked into em but since the truck will mostly be a mud truck theyd prob hurt me flexing wise wouldnt they? ive looked into caltracs too but my buddies got him on his truck n she dont flex worth a damn...btw man profile pic of ur 01 looks sick!!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

when you take off your pinion is probably shooting up causing excess wear on your drive train and eventually will kill your U-joints... and could be why you are tearing up the trans mount.. if i were you id find something to keep the pinion angle stable..

yea old blue was alot of fun... the kid i sold it to loves it...
Old 02-09-2011, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn good point man i never thought of that lol...unless i got those ladder bars used em on street then pulled em off for when i go boonin or somethin? and yeah man i bet that kid does, thing looks like it was a blast...glad to hear it didnt end up like our bosses friends car 70vette #s matching 454 4spd built, gave it to his son when he graduated HS first run took it out n lost it, bent frame and messed up fiberglass...such a shame, hope the dudes takin care of it

Quick Reply: trans mount issue