Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Tie Rod Sleeves, IFS upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tie Rod Sleeves, IFS upgrade...

Has anyone looked into these?

Tie Rod Sleeves

2001-2005 GM full size trucks, SUVs, and H2 Hummers. They strengthen the stock tie rods 10 fold. You will never have a problem or be stranded by a bent or broken tie rod with these on. The stock tie rod is about the same dia as most folks pinky finger. Even slight 4 wheeling can bend them and leave the vehicle undriveable. Avoid this mishap. These take about 30-45 mins to install and an alignment isn't necessary unless your vehicle already needs it

Talking to some diesel folks, these are pretty much a requirement to beef up their IFS when racing/offroading. I haven't heard about any of us here using them, but figured there would be some interest. The '01-'05 year is diesel specific. They will work on '99 and up gassers.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by OBXMarine
Has anyone looked into these?

Tie Rod Sleeves

2001-2005 GM full size trucks, SUVs, and H2 Hummers. They strengthen the stock tie rods 10 fold. You will never have a problem or be stranded by a bent or broken tie rod with these on. The stock tie rod is about the same dia as most folks pinky finger. Even slight 4 wheeling can bend them and leave the vehicle undriveable. Avoid this mishap. These take about 30-45 mins to install and an alignment isn't necessary unless your vehicle already needs it

Talking to some diesel folks, these are pretty much a requirement to beef up their IFS when racing/offroading. I haven't heard about any of us here using them, but figured there would be some interest. The '01-'05 year is diesel specific. They will work on '99 and up gassers.

Just get the Cognito Motorsports upgraded tierods.... www.cognitomotorsports.com... you may have to call them, supposedly they have great CS.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Teching In

Yes, made by SuperDuty (SD). I've seen some horrific pictures of bent tie rods and I'd hate for that to ever happen to me while i'm out on a trail or hopping a curb or something. Seems like cheap insurance. I looked into the others, but they seem too expensive. These appear to be cheap and good quality. I also did the fabtech idler and pitman and they are much more beefier than stock.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by freyguy
Yes, made by SuperDuty (SD). I've seen some horrific pictures of bent tie rods and I'd hate for that to ever happen to me while i'm out on a trail or hopping a curb or something. Seems like cheap insurance. I looked into the others, but they seem too expensive. These appear to be cheap and good quality. I also did the fabtech idler and pitman and they are much more beefier than stock.
LOL!!! You need to be off road! I've bent 3 sets on flat pavement. All I needed is a bottle of nitrous.
I'm currently debating between the two. I will have allot of power and I want to run my 325/60R18.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Dang, now thats some power!

Them guys on the diesel forums tried to break the SD sleeves and couldn't do it. They were doing 4wd launches with a high amount of boost and couldn't get them to do it. He also makes a centerlink that is beefier for those putting out high power. He said the centerlink flexes a good bit, especially during pulling events.

I like the tie rods from Bulletproof too, but they are costly!
Old 06-08-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by andy
Just get the Cognito Motorsports upgraded tierods.... www.cognitomotorsports.com... you may have to call them, supposedly they have great CS.
Agreed, Justin at Cognito is one of the nicest guys I have met and definitely looks out for his customers.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:02 AM
Teching In

I created these things for a better alternative and you get to leave in the stock tie rods so there is no warranty issues. They can be ordered from my site. They are cheap cheap insurance. If you smack a curb the wrong way you can bend the stockers and that's the difference between driving home and being towed.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Super Diesel
I created these things for a better alternative and you get to leave in the stock tie rods so there is no warranty issues. They can be ordered from my site. They are cheap cheap insurance. If you smack a curb the wrong way you can bend the stockers and that's the difference between driving home and being towed.
good info i think im going to check em out.