Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

2nd slave in less then 6 months.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice, I was wondering if you have to cut a new hole, if I remembered correctly it wasn't the same size, maybe wrong. Either way I have to do it coming from the 60e anyways, but yea the a4 to t56 thread should help. Should I go lower than 4.56's in an ecsb

Last edited by johnnyh8; 07-21-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:27 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Today i bought some stuff for the swap.

LS2 flywheel, LS7 clutch, 01-02 F-body slave cylinder, Heavy duty pilot bearing, and F-body lower shift boot (so i dont have to worry about making my own to keep out debris)

So now i have to save for a few more weeks and then i will either buy the trans or gears next.

I still have to decide if i want to have a sponsor tune it, or get EFI live.

Dustin
Old 07-21-2008, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

efi live would be the best route, but im sure it's more $$
Old 07-21-2008, 10:18 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Originally Posted by johnnyh8
Very nice, I was wondering if you have to cut a new hole, if I remembered correctly it wasn't the same size, maybe wrong. Either way I have to do it coming from the 60e anyways, but yea the a4 to t56 thread should help. Should I go lower than 4.56's in an ecsb
Im going with 4.56's Your truck is heavier so i would maybe go with more gear for the even more 1st gear multiplication.

Originally Posted by SBTork
efi live would be the best route, but im sure it's more $$
Only 750, i spent that today, was easy, 10 minute phone call, and 2 minutes making 2 weeks of snap on tool box payments

Dustin
Old 07-26-2008, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dustin

What clutch were you running when broke the slave??

I'm about to put a centeroforce dual friction in my truck as the stock one doesn't seem to enjoy boost. Just hoping that it isn't too heavy to start breaking other stuff in the clutch
Old 07-26-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlownHD
Dustin

I'm about to put a centeroforce dual friction in my truck as the stock one doesn't seem to enjoy boost. Just hoping that it isn't too heavy to start breaking other stuff in the clutch
I don't recommend the CF DF with the hydraulic clutch system. I had a ton of trouble with one not shifting above 5000 rpm. I did much research and about half the people with them on ls1tech had the same problem. I spoke with CF's techs and they wouldn't just come out and say it but the counterweights on the clutch fingers provide too much centrifugal force above 5000 for the master cyl to depress and as they said it bypasses in the master cyl. Basically, pushes past the seals inside the master instead of pushing the fluid down the line.
I had a CF DF in my old nova that I took to the track regularly and it performed flawlessly for a long time but it was mechanical linkage.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TurboGibbs
I don't recommend the CF DF with the hydraulic clutch system. I had a ton of trouble with one not shifting above 5000 rpm. I did much research and about half the people with them on ls1tech had the same problem. I spoke with CF's techs and they wouldn't just come out and say it but the counterweights on the clutch fingers provide too much centrifugal force above 5000 for the master cyl to depress and as they said it bypasses in the master cyl. Basically, pushes past the seals inside the master instead of pushing the fluid down the line.
I had a CF DF in my old nova that I took to the track regularly and it performed flawlessly for a long time but it was mechanical linkage.
Damn!! I already bought the CF DF, it seemed like the best option at the time, but maybe I just screwed myself.

The CF was $600 and rated to 700ftlbs at the crank
Ram made a dual disk for $1300 that was rated at 900ftlb
and Mcleod makes one for over 1000ftlb for $1800

I bought the centerforce because for one I don't think i'll get above 600ftlb at the crank, and 2 the price was the best. I hope it works out, maybe the master in my truck is stronger since I have the 2500HD with the NV4500
Old 07-26-2008, 05:34 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Dustin

Stock, i think its having the same issues as the CF DF clutches, and at higher rpm pushing the fluid past the seal.

Dustin
Old 07-26-2008, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn!! I already bought the CF DF, it seemed like the best option at the time, but maybe I just screwed myself.

The CF was $600 and rated to 700ftlbs at the crank
Ram made a dual disk for $1300 that was rated at 900ftlb
and Mcleod makes one for over 1000ftlb for $1800

I bought the centerforce because for one I don't think i'll get above 600ftlb at the crank, and 2 the price was the best. I hope it works out, maybe the master in my truck is stronger since I have the 2500HD with the NV4500
Good luck.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:24 PM
SPAM HUNTER

Update. Purchased a center console, 55 bucks. Gotta love ebay! Also a shift light is on the way. Since the last slave is still under warranty i am going to just break down and get it running with the 5 speed running again. But T-56 swap should be done by Thanksgiving.

Dustin

Quick Reply: 2nd slave in less then 6 months.