FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

NNBS Returnless Walbro 450, CTSV FSCM write up

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you have been running this setup for over a year now. Still running good? Anything you would have changed at first, or have had to change?
Old 11-11-2018, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i have a 2008 5.3 flex fuel truck i want to turbo and run better pump. i have a 450 can i plug it into my stock fuel pump bucket and computer and it works? why did you flash to ctsv? cause yours is 07? do i need to do this to my 08?
Old 11-12-2018, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 401 Likes on 316 Posts

Thanks for the write up. Nicely done! Since you have a better understanding of these systems than anyone I've run across I'd like to know what you would do for a 10 FF system for 600 rwhp? I've been told so many things from leave it sock to rip it all out. I was thinking of a route like you took the other day, I think my fsm already thinks it's a ctsv along with my trans, lol. Should I drop in the 450, or is a 2010 flex fuel not worth it?
Old 12-28-2018, 11:09 AM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
Thanks for the write up. Nicely done! Since you have a better understanding of these systems than anyone I've run across I'd like to know what you would do for a 10 FF system for 600 rwhp? I've been told so many things from leave it sock to rip it all out. I was thinking of a route like you took the other day, I think my fsm already thinks it's a ctsv along with my trans, lol. Should I drop in the 450, or is a 2010 flex fuel not worth it?
I would use the 450 pump for what you are trying to achieve. It should be straight forward for you. Mine is still going strong however still haven’t got to a dyno. I’m building a house and everything has been put on the back burner. Here soon I will start turning up the boost.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m looking to fit a larger low pressure fuel pump into my 2016 Silverado DI 5.3. It has LT4 high pressure pump and injectors to feed the Whipple and otherwise modded motor 575rwhp@8psi. LP is down around 40 psi. From your write up it sounds like I should be able to fit a similar Waldron or preferably an LT4 pump driven by my existing FSCM configured like the donor. I was mostly concerned about physically fitting it as I’m not knowledgeable on the buckets and all the other new style stuff. Thanks, I’m encouraged.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:27 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven’t been inside the DI pumps so I can not comment on them. I would start with looking at pictures of a replacement pump or even ask a store that has one in stock took look at. FWIW, I went looking through tons of different manufacturers pumps and for the most part, majority of the aftermarket pumps wouldn’t allow me to install the 450 or it would fit but, I had no clue what the internal regulator pressure would open. I did research making my own system with aftermarket fluid pressure regulators and Venturi system. I will most likely roll that route at a later date when I find the limit of this system. I am in aviation and would like to adjust some of the ideas they have and implement it. I’m also unsure if HPtuners has FSCM support for the newer trucks. I imagine they do and they have it posted on the application page?
Old 01-23-2019, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a couple tables for the lpfp in HPtuners and a driver minimum voltage vs rpm table. I got a Silverado L83 and a CTSV fuel pump. Haven’t gotten far enough into them see if the LT4 pump will slip in the Silverado bucket. The Silverado pump has a venturi, the LT4 doesn’t. Best I can tell it’s to pull in and mix cool fluid with the warmer pump cooling fluid to reduce the temperature. Reckon they’re okay without it or else the LT4 pump cooling stream is lower temperature.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bringing this back up!

When I pulled the stock pump off, i noticed the nipple on the bucket side being really tiny, maybe 1/4" ... how did you put the new tube on it? I feel I'll have to really crank down on the clamp. Also, would that be a restriction being so small?
Old 09-20-2019, 09:48 AM
11 Second Club

No worries, made my own fitting. 1/4" compression fitting nut and a 3/8" barb machined down a bit to create a two piece setup. Cut the little nipple off and threaded the nut directly onto the remaining boss. Also drilled the inside of the housing out a bit.

NNBS Returnless Walbro 450, CTSV FSCM write up-1568990848900.jpg

Lets see how this all works out lol
Old 01-31-2020, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Any issues with the FPCM driver running a considerably larger pump with higher amp draw? My stock flex pump is rated at 194 lph I believe.