Notices
Ford Engine & Exhaust Performance All EFI, 4.6, 5.4 Triton

A ford guy who is got something to prove

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't take anymore or less tuning than any other truck for a Ford to be competitive. I'm just really starting and will be over 400 hp at the wheels soon. And that will be through stock exhaust manifolds, 4 catalytic converters, stock cams, and stock throttle body.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blown330
Doesn't take anymore or less tuning than any other truck for a Ford to be competitive. I'm just really starting and will be over 400 hp at the wheels soon. And that will be through stock exhaust manifolds, 4 catalytic converters, stock cams, and stock throttle body.
I would hope you could get over 400 with a supercharger!!!! Are those the current numbers in your sig, and if so, what do you plan on doing to get that extra 50hp?
Old 01-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Those numbers are actually a bit outdated now. They came with a badly slipping blower belt. Should be in the upper 360's or so. So to pick up the 40 odd horses isn't a stretch. Exhaust work will net most of that. Still have a methanol injection system I have installed but haven't tuned for yet. Cams are an option too. I'm looking to get a D1-SC head and 450+ will be easy.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:56 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 203Cree
So obviously that would be directed twards L's and HD's. Hence my original post. So, what you meant to say is both are slow, and Ford has something faster than anything Chevy has available on the market?

What does ford have? The gt?? I saw the car and driver test: GT vs Z06. I didnt see anything about the GT being faster.

or are you talking about the L?
Old 01-23-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1FUNZ71
What does ford have? The gt?? I saw the car and driver test: GT vs Z06. I didnt see anything about the GT being faster.

Um, we are on a truck site, are we not? And I guess I should have said had instead. Sorry about that.

At any rate, I was in a pissy mood when I made that post. What's important is that we all like our vehicles fast, not who makes them.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:45 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 203Cree
Um, we are on a truck site, are we not? And I guess I should have said had instead. Sorry about that.

At any rate, I was in a pissy mood when I made that post. What's important is that we all like our vehicles fast, not who makes them.

No big deal. I agree, a fast truck is a fast truck no matter the builder. The way I see it is.... if a truck is slower then the next guys is, dont bitch about his mods.....just buy more mods then he has and kick his ***.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1FUNZ71

Take a look at most independant tests and the GT outperforms the ZO6. C&D is not what I would call the last word in automotive publications...;D Remove the price tags and focus on just the numbers and the GT is the better car. Leave the price in and the ZO6 is the undeniable better bargain. They are in two separate catagories though...after 4000 odd units the GT will be discontinued forever, GM will make as many ZO6's as there are buyers.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

What's important is that we all like our vehicles fast, not who makes them.[/QUOTE]

I second that!!!! lol
Old 02-16-2006, 04:57 AM
Teching In

Man, you chevy guys. always bashing fords, yet you have no idea what you are talking about. Next time you want to bash fords, do some research first. Mod motors have been making gobbs of power for years. If you don't believe it, check out Muscle Mustangs and fast fords magazine, or any late model Ford magazine for that matter. Oh yeah, ever hear of Sean Hyland? why don't you send him an e-mail about mod motors making no power with out boost.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Launching!

^^^

Lightnen up Bro! this is a multi brand forum where we can share info. No need to get upset!!

Scott

Quick Reply: A ford guy who is got something to prove