PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Ford Engine & Exhaust Performance (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/ford-engine-exhaust-performance-108/)
-   -   A ford guy who is got something to prove (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/ford-engine-exhaust-performance-108/ford-guy-who-got-something-prove-349932/)

Barely Boosted 10-03-2005 06:16 PM

A ford guy who is got something to prove

I have a mission that is to show everyone that the lightenings are not the only fast fords. We know through our mustang counter parts that we can make power with these modular motors so i think its time we start crankin out some fierce street trucks like the Chevy guys have already started doing. I am bout to put a lil juice on my truck and turbo it within the next year :devil: im on the track for 12's with 33's any body else wanna show them dodge and gm guys where tha power is at. :judge: ps i have done some searching and we have a buncha parts for our trucks SCT just came out with a lap top tuner like hp tuners or ls1 edit so the sources are there lets just usem.

5.3AlmnBlk 10-03-2005 09:35 PM

12's with 33's not gonna be easy but could be fun ;)

Mangled03gmc 10-03-2005 09:57 PM

It seems to be that you can make good power but you need to rev the shit out of them modular motors. I think the right gears exc you could get one of them 5.4's screaming. Good luck

Barely Boosted 10-04-2005 04:20 PM

twelves may be hard to get but i think i can at least get 13's

5.3AlmnBlk 10-05-2005 08:17 PM

4.1 gears and a stall 3000? may get you to lower a bit off that ET maybe .4 from stall and .3 from the gears! what are you running now do you know? Do you have the 260hp version?

HioSSilver 10-07-2005 06:52 PM

you might get there. If you drop that turd out of a tree. Those mod motors ain't that impressive. Ya'll ford boys need boost just to keep up to a n/a GM truck.

Wheatley 10-08-2005 04:59 PM

:funny:

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
you might get there. If you drop that turd out of a tree. Those mod motors ain't that impressive. Ya'll ford boys need boost just to keep up to a n/a GM truck.

StrokerAce03 10-08-2005 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by mangledgmc03
It seems to be that you can make good power but you need to rev the shit out of them modular motors. I think the right gears exc you could get one of them 5.4's screaming. Good luck

That's what I was thinking. I know they got parts for the 4.6 'stangs, would any of that stuff work or are they different blocks? I'm not real familiar with the modular motors, but it looks like the potential is there with the twin cams and all. Good luck on this; I wanna see someone make this happen.

tangerine 10-09-2005 03:00 PM

you don't have to rev the hell outa them. In all reality the ls1's spin more than the fords do. The 2v's motors don't rev over 6300. And you are right about the motors having to have boost to run with the n/a ls1's. We lack a lot of stuff you guys have but so what. At least we are not driving an import. And yeah a 4x4 is slow but look at parish. Don't say it is impossible. His is 4x4 and he is the fastest outa all of the chevy trucks.

john get a 5.4 4v with the ford gt heads and a turbo you got your self a good 11 sec truck.

one03sierra 10-15-2005 02:45 PM

actually i would love to see some more power in the 3valve motors. a good set of cams would be nice but the price wont be. best of luck.