FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbo or S/C for 6.2L? Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

No, the turbine wheels are different sizes. If you want to stay with upgrade ability, then you need to run the P-trim T4's.

As for your second question, I can't give any definite numbers, cuz I have never seen build ups with those setups so all one can do is guess!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool. I guess i will go with the Master Powers T60 / .68A/R / P-Trim / T4 housing.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:35 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love people that "Need" 1000 RWHP. Does anyone know what is required to drive, tune, maintain, and build 1000 RWHP?

OP what are you REALLY looking for, what will your budget REALLY allow you to do? Are you are ready to spend up to 25K on a driveline that will support 1000 RWHP?

As per the TVS2300 not being able to make 1000 RWHP, that is not a secret its a 2.3L supercharger, and yes a larger turbo will make more power....because it is LARGER.
Quick, if you have not seen more than that out of a Manga Charger TVS set up maybe you need to get your head out of your *** and look around over 850 RWHP has been achieved by several well know and respected engine builders and tuners. Knock it off with the chip in your shoulder and open your eyes.

Last edited by BlownChevy; 08-15-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Dont NEED 1000rwhp...and I dont NEED a $25k driveline to support it... Get off your high horse.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:52 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by fasterthenyou
I Dont NEED 1000rwhp...and I dont NEED a $25k driveline to support it... Get off your high horse.
I am not on a high horse newbie, I have been doing this for 20+ years and when I read someone even mention wanting 1000 RWHP I just cringe. MOST web wienie folks have NO idea what it takes, nor have the driving ability to handle that kind of power.

I guess I misread your original post:
Originally Posted by fasterthenyou
but want the system to be able to grow to pump out 800-1000rwhp... This truck will be in shows.
If you plan on GROWING into 1000 RWHP you will NEED the driveline to support it. But then what the **** to I know
Old 08-15-2010, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BlownChevy laying down the law!!
Old 08-15-2010, 10:07 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I love people that "Need" 1000 RWHP. Does anyone know what is required to drive, tune, maintain, and build 1000 RWHP?

OP what are you REALLY looking for, what will your budget REALLY allow you to do? Are you are ready to spend up to 25K on a driveline that will support 1000 RWHP?

As per the TVS2300 not being able to make 1000 RWHP, that is not a secret its a 2.3L supercharger, and yes a larger turbo will make more power....because it is LARGER.
Quick, if you have not seen more than 434 RWHP out of a Manga Charger TVS set up maybe you need to get your head out of your *** and look around over 850 RWHP has been achieved by several well know and respected engine builders and tuners. Knock it off with the chip in your shoulder and open your eyes.
you cant read for **** can you? please reread before ever questioning me there buddy. I said from a 434 as in cubic inch. it was a dutweiller setup, then from the bodygaurd he didnt make good numbers either. For the cost and effort of a tv2300 you can make a ton more power other ways. Get off yoru high horse about selling your product. Youre a sponsor of course youll defend your product even when it doesnt produce what it claims.

show Pt.net 10 1000 rwhp 2300 combos, show me 10 900 rwhp combos, hell show me 10 800 rwhp combos.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:39 AM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Quik
you cant read for **** can you? please reread before ever questioning me there buddy. I said from a 434 as in cubic inch. it was a dutweiller setup, then from the bodygaurd he didnt make good numbers either. For the cost and effort of a tv2300 you can make a ton more power other ways. Get off yoru high horse about selling your product. Youre a sponsor of course youll defend your product even when it doesnt produce what it claims.

show Pt.net 10 1000 rwhp 2300 combos, show me 10 900 rwhp combos, hell show me 10 800 rwhp combos.
I can read just fine Son......evidently you cannot. I said: "the TVS2300 will not make 1000 RWHP" Never claimed it would. There are plenty of professionals making 900 or so RWHP, do your own research, just because it is not on the internet does not make it untrue. I have nothing to show to you, or anyone else, I do however have something to say to those that MISLEAD people like you do. I will make every effort to point people in the right direction, Magna Charger, Turbo, Pro Charger, honestly it makes no difference to me personally. Each has its place.

I stand behind my comments, 99% of the people that claim then want "1000 RWHP" have no idea what it takes, and no budget to get there DEPENDABLY. You cannot make a 1000 RWHP vehicle a daily driver, you cannot had the keys to a 1000 RWHP vehicle to your wife of kids, and you certainly cannot get there for less than 20K if you do it RIGHT.

You spend more time knocking Magna Charger than most, and all it proves is YOU have the chip in YOUR shoulder.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:56 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
I can read just fine Son......evidently you cannot. I said: "the TVS2300 will not make 1000 RWHP" Never claimed it would. There are plenty of professionals making 900 or so RWHP, do your own research, just because it is not on the internet does not make it untrue. I have nothing to show to you, or anyone else, I do however have something to say to those that MISLEAD people like you do. I will make every effort to point people in the right direction, Magna Charger, Turbo, Pro Charger, honestly it makes no difference to me personally. Each has its place.

I stand behind my comments, 99% of the people that claim then want "1000 RWHP" have no idea what it takes, and no budget to get there DEPENDABLY. You cannot make a 1000 RWHP vehicle a daily driver, you cannot had the keys to a 1000 RWHP vehicle to your wife of kids, and you certainly cannot get there for less than 20K if you do it RIGHT.

You spend more time knocking Magna Charger than most, and all it proves is YOU have the chip in YOUR shoulder.
you dodged the questions of proof, come one hunny buns show proof.

mitymouse daily drives his 8 s trans am, its well over 1k rwhp. used to run a pt88 now uses a modded pt88 which is a 91. guess you can daily drive it. also if you had every built a 1k rwhp toy or close to it you then know you dont use all 1k daily. its called boost controller

as for chip on shoulder you promote a product that isnt going to net you the best bang for buck. the tv2300 is a nice product and can make power but will never touch the power of a turbo or centrif blower. tvs2300 is a heat pump just like all of its other brothers and cousins. you need big cubes to make power from that blower. a turbo or centrif you can still keep small cubes. however the cost of a tvs and the parts to go with it to make 1k is alot more then it is to make that same figure with a turbo
Old 08-15-2010, 12:00 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by Quik
you dodged the questions of proof, come one hunny buns show proof.

mitymouse daily drives his 8 s trans am, its well over 1k rwhp. used to run a pt88 now uses a modded pt88 which is a 91. guess you can daily drive it. also if you had every built a 1k rwhp toy or close to it you then know you dont use all 1k daily. its called boost controller

as for chip on shoulder you promote a product that isnt going to net you the best bang for buck. the tv2300 is a nice product and can make power but will never touch the power of a turbo or centrif blower. tvs2300 is a heat pump just like all of its other brothers and cousins. you need big cubes to make power from that blower. a turbo or centrif you can still keep small cubes. however the cost of a tvs and the parts to go with it to make 1k is alot more then it is to make that same figure with a turbo

Blaa Blaa Blaa.....you sir are a CLOWN. I have not dodged ****, do not need to prove anything, do not have a chip on my shoulder. Dont you have something to do?

Quick Reply: Turbo or S/C for 6.2L? Questions...