FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Turbo or S/C for 6.2L? Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

I think you'd be good to go with a TVS2300. Roots blowers love higher compression, so with yours stock at 10.5:1 it would make one hell of a ride. Might not hit 1000rwhp, but it would be way up there...
Old 08-12-2010, 09:26 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

havent seen any decent numbers from a TVS2300. the highest number ive seen is from a 434 and that wasnt even that impressive for the amount of money into that setup

a twin setup for 376ci? im starting to stray away from oversize turbos especially in a truck. with that being said a set of 62s would work very well and still give you plent of power band to be usable.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Mod with training wheels

Originally Posted by Quik
havent seen any decent numbers from a TVS2300. the highest number ive seen is from a 434 and that wasnt even that impressive for the amount of money into that setup
The LS9 is a 6.2L with a TVS2300 at 10.5psi and makes something like 620 crank horsepower. And that's on a factory tune... Turn up the boost a bit and get a good tuner on it, maybe some meth...probably looking at 600rwhp+, no problem. Just giving him something to think about.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by fasterthenyou
Lets narrow this down and see if I can get any turbo sizes...

Lets say I want TWIN TURBOS. What size would be good for:

-Quick Spool
-Around 900-1000rwhp potential (500-550hp now)

starting with a stock 6.2l V8, will eventually bullet proof it and the tranny and install a full fuel system.

I want to stay with Master Powers turbos, so part or product numbers would be helpful!

I would really appreciate the help! I have searched this site, googled, yahooed, and asked jeeves numerous times with no prevail. Thanks!
Master Power T60's would get you there. Couple different ways you could go with turbine housings for spool up and peak HP.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:51 PM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by smokeshow
The LS9 is a 6.2L with a TVS2300 at 10.5psi and makes something like 620 crank horsepower. And that's on a factory tune... Turn up the boost a bit and get a good tuner on it, maybe some meth...probably looking at 600rwhp+, no problem. Just giving him something to think about.
620 crank isnt that impressive if yoru building it yourself. for the cost of that blower youll get so much more power from a built turbo setup. cost of a mp70 and some of its parts youre looking at 2k into it and youll have 600 to wheels without a sweat. TV2300 is what 6k?

for 6k worth of cash to play with and you can be 800 rwhp with a turbo
Old 08-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Mod with training wheels

Compression in a L92 is 1.4 points higher than the LS9, so at a minimum that same setup with his engine would be into the 700s at the crank.

I am simply trying to give him options...
Old 08-12-2010, 11:26 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Concerning your Supercharger:
I have yet to see a TVS blower getting close to 1000rwhp. Not saying it isn't possible and hasn't been done...just that I haven't seen it. And I know of a few people who have tried, the closest they have gotten is low 700's to the wheels. I'm sure someone has done it but it isn't cost efficient when compared to the ease of getting there with a turbo.

Single vs Twins:
Twins out-perform single's in one area and that is in the low to mid range power as they spool up quicker (350-600rwhp range). Other than that, there isn't much gain to be had with twins. It will make it look prettier/balanced/symetrical but that in itself doesn't add power.
For big power (700rwhp+) a single is the way to go, period. It is cheaper and more efficient.
If your worried about spool on high horsepower set-ups, you can run nitrous, 2-step, loose converter, run BB turbo's, run $$ vaned turbo's, have a "Flange valve"(forgot what they are called but KBRacing can tell you more about them), etc...

this is JMHO.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Mod with training wheels

Originally Posted by Spoolin
If your worried about spool on high horsepower set-ups, you can run nitrous, 2-step, loose converter, run BB turbo's, run $$ vaned turbo's, have a "Flange valve"(forgot what they are called but KBRacing can tell you more about them), etc...
Quick spool valve! Pretty sweet idea, IMO. They're claimed to speed up spool time by 33%.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:48 AM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Concerning your Supercharger:
I have yet to see a TVS blower getting close to 1000rwhp. Not saying it isn't possible and hasn't been done...just that I haven't seen it. And I know of a few people who have tried, the closest they have gotten is low 700's to the wheels. I'm sure someone has done it but it isn't cost efficient when compared to the ease of getting there with a turbo.

Single vs Twins:
Twins out-perform single's in one area and that is in the low to mid range power as they spool up quicker (350-600rwhp range). Other than that, there isn't much gain to be had with twins. It will make it look prettier/balanced/symetrical but that in itself doesn't add power.
For big power (700rwhp+) a single is the way to go, period. It is cheaper and more efficient.

this is JMHO.
there is a point where a large single isnt enough and then you use two large singles for a set of twins
Old 08-13-2010, 10:54 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

True, but at that point I'm assuming that application would be better suited to the strip than the street. I would imagine the point your talking about would be around 1500+hp and spool characteristics are moot at those power levels.

Quick Reply: Turbo or S/C for 6.2L? Questions...