FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Proper tune and meth!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Proper tune and meth!

Background on truck
2016 Denali CCSB 6.2L A8. Whipple with 3.75” pulley ARH LTs high flow cats and electric cutout. Decided to have CBI Street Cars add a twin nozzle alky system to the truck. And after having had a crap mail order tune from BB since day one of the whipple I finally made the choice to get an in person tune from a great tuner (Shane Hinds Tuning). My mind is blown at the difference in the tune alone (also opened my eyes to how sh*tty the old tune truly was and now lucky I am that it didn’t hurt the motor or trans running it with that tune) plus the added benefits of the meth and the truck turned into a completely different animal. Every aspect of how the truck now drives is absolutely great. Shane even took the time after tuning it at CBI to meet up and spend a day with me making 4wd dig hits on the truck to get it dialed in perfectly. I can’t recommend either of these business enough or stress how much I would stay clear of the other company that originally tuned the truck.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In person is always better than mail order. Even with a good tuner. A mail order tune is only viable with very standard mods, or to get you up and running after mods until you can get it fully tuned. Having said that, if data logging is being exchanged, over time the tune can be dialed in... nothing beats an in person tune from a good tuner.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

By the way your build sounds like a beast. I bet it makes you giggle like a little kid now!
Old 03-21-2018, 10:38 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Having done (and still do) both, the in person tune will always be faster, but if everything mechanically is sound, there is no difference between looking at the laptop while sitting in the truck and looking at the laptop while 1000 miles away. What takes 3 days over email I could do in an hour in person. I am glad you are happy with your truck either way
Old 03-23-2018, 04:12 AM
TECH Regular

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

That's really something you can't compare at all. The 1st one is a guy doing a conservative tune to what he thinks will work for you or has worked for others. Their auto-cal package would of helped you a ton, it takes awhile with a boosted application. They do take too long getting back to you. I always got the business is so big and busy we will get to you asap. An in person tune they can run it a million times till its right, not just look at it once. I had the bbp package, it came with my 1900. It worked fine for what i needed. I will admit tho i sold it and bought hp tuners, my trucks tuned thru someone on here that knows these boosted trucks real well. Going from bbp to that its a HUGE difference.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:03 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flatblack83
That's really something you can't compare at all. The 1st one is a guy doing a conservative tune to what he thinks will work for you or has worked for others. Their auto-cal package would of helped you a ton, it takes awhile with a boosted application. They do take too long getting back to you. I always got the business is so big and busy we will get to you asap. An in person tune they can run it a million times till its right, not just look at it once. I had the bbp package, it came with my 1900. It worked fine for what i needed. I will admit tho i sold it and bought hp tuners, my trucks tuned thru someone on here that knows these boosted trucks real well. Going from bbp to that its a HUGE difference.
We logged data and emailed back and fourth countless times trying different tunes after I kept complaining that something was wrong. Even with this it never even got close to running correctly and I’m not just taking about it being dialed in 100% I mean every single aspect of driving the truck was terrible. Either way I couldn’t be happier with it now and I’m truly enjoying it.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

adding meth to my truck made a night and day difference. I wish i woulda have done it years ago. Esp for setups like mine where its daily driven and on pump gas.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh, if u did send logs then it should of been better, mine wasn't far off but not right.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:41 AM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I would recommend getting it tuned in person, the tuner can also teach you stuff that you can keep an eye/ear out for when you’re out testing the go fast pedal. New Era was awesome with my truck they showed me what was wrong in my tune I made and how to properly tune for turbo and my new meth set up.