FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Maggie 112 8 rib Pully or 1.1 cog set up

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maggie 112 8 rib Pully or 1.1 cog set up

Hey guys. Hunting one of two things. Hoping someone has one or the other.
Have a Maggie 112 on a LS1 with a IW 8 rib over drive kit. Ordered a 3.2 wheel got a 3.0. Long story and you don't want to hear it. iIs boosting more than I really want. 12.5 and I can't stop the belt slip.
Want to drop back to a 3.2 or 3.1 wheel rib 8 for a press on magie 112 or if anyone has a rear cog 1.1 set up i'd be interested. Thanks for the help..
LIttle River Motorsports.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:31 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have belt slip with an 8 rib setup?

Any pics of your setup?

I'd be interested in buying your pulley if its what im thinking of,

press on 5/8 keyed shaft right?

Im having IW make me a custom 8 rib pulley as we speak, they should be able to make you another one.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TIM Z
You have belt slip with an 8 rib setup?

Any pics of your setup?

I'd be interested in buying your pulley if its what im thinking of,

press on 5/8 keyed shaft right?

Im having IW make me a custom 8 rib pulley as we speak, they should be able to make you another one.
Called IW after I got the kit and they said they didn't have anything but the 3.5 and the 3.0 and were not stocking anything else for the Maggie 112s. I'll call them back tomorrow and see if they decided to put them back in stock. Belt slip was on the back belt with the 12.5 of boost but had to go get the car from the shop it was at and take it to someone else. They didn't know what they were doing. Car sat there for 7 months going into power reduction mode and the guy didn't have a clue how to fix it.
Got the back belts straightened out and with meth and 8 psi, shes at 527whp so going back to the 12.5 is going to send me way over the 550whp goal I wanted but this is a vette i'm playing with . Its a street toy only but had that HP in mind when I started so was looking around to see on several different forums if anyone had a used pully sitting around .... Never in any rush on the car and its running fine now so just throwing it out there. Two trucks but one diesel and the other one is a ZX3 custom American coach but its the GF's.. She came with her own truck..
If I find the 3.2 or 3.3 or cog set and you want that 3.0 its yours... Just going to hold onto it right now until I see if I can drum up one with some dust on it..
Old 09-02-2012, 06:30 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Ahhh so you are running a jack shaft head unit then ?

Then I can't use that pulley.

Talk to Chris @ innovators west , I believe they either had one 8 rib pulley on the shelf for a jack shaft or mp 122 can't remember, but he can custom make you one, he is making me a radix truck style 8 rib 2.7 pulley

Lemme know how ya make out ! Sounds like you've got a potent setup!!!

EDIT , call our sponsor , Leftcoast32 , his name is Joe and he will prob have a jack shaft pulley for you or his quick change hub so you can use a variety of diff. Sized pullies.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Ahhh so you are running a jack shaft head unit then ?

Talk to Chris @ innovators west , I believe they either had one 8 rib pulley on the shelf for a jack shaft or mp 122 can't remember, but he can custom make you one, he is making me a radix truck style 8 rib 2.7 pulley

Lemme know how ya make out ! Sounds like you've got a potent setup!!!

EDIT , call our sponsor , Leftcoast32 , his name is Joe and he will prob have a jack shaft pulley for you or his quick change hub so you can use a variety of diff. Sized pullies.
Yep,, old style Maggie.. Will pm Leftcoast32, and see if he has any 8 rib left.. Seen your numbers... Thats got to be one hauling *** pickup and how much boost are you going to have if your running a over drive with a 2.7?? Vettes are going to fear you.
Have the edge juice with attitude on the diesel (mine) but only time she leaves the house is when something is being pulled behind her and 10 foot slide in camper stays on her full time.. GF don't have a problem with me driving her GMC but she laid the law down drive it normal.. LOL.... Its her toy... I brake it, I have to fix it. Thanks for the info on Leftcoast32...

Found his number. Will give him a call tomorrow.. Thank you..

Last edited by liveaboard74; 09-02-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:22 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Originally Posted by liveaboard74
Yep,, old style Maggie.. Will pm Leftcoast32, and see if he has any 8 rib left.. Seen your numbers... Thats got to be one hauling *** pickup and how much boost are you going to have if your running a over drive with a 2.7?? Vettes are going to fear you.
Have the edge juice with attitude on the diesel (mine) but only time she leaves the house is when something is being pulled behind her and 10 foot slide in camper stays on her full time.. GF don't have a problem with me driving her GMC but she laid the law down drive it normal.. LOL.... Its her toy... I brake it, I have to fix it. Thanks for the info on Leftcoast32...

Found his number. Will give him a call tomorrow.. Thank you..
Haha Thanks! Glad to help!

The blown truck does run pretty good, I was seeing 12#'s boost when i made the 11.6 run last year, she dynoed at the rear on a hot *** day thru a restrictive single summit muffler. Ive since changed to a 3.5'' exhaust with a straight thru 3.5'' maganaflow, She should be actually about 600 @ the rear wheels, I see a peak of 14 psi at end of first gear, but lots of belt slip, so With the Help of my good friend Pat( 03sierraslt) and Joe at Leftcoast, i upgraded to an 8 rib drive setup, and i already have the IW OD crank pulley.

But i had to have IW custom make me an 8 rib blower pulley, waiting on that, hopefully this week, i'd love to see a consistant 14-15 psi.

And your Vette sounds badass too !!!! 500+ hp in a vette is just sick!

Yep also love the Dmax, they are fun powerful trucks that can pull anything and run great around town!

Make sure you hang around, there are some vette guys here, we all share the same engine so lots of great LSx tech here too!

Good luck and keep this thread updated! I know Joe will help ya out!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:56 AM
FormerVendor

We make a QC Hub conversion for the Jack-Shaft MagnaCharger MP112 and Mp122 blowers. This way you can use the newer style Quick Change Pulleys.

Left Coast 32. Quick Change Jackshaft Hub-MP112/122

Trending Topics

Old 09-03-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Called IW after I got the kit and they said they didn't have anything but the 3.5 and the 3.0 and were not stocking anything else for the Maggie 112s. I'll call them back tomorrow and see if they decided to put them back in stock. Belt slip was on the back belt with the 12.5 of boost but had to go get the car from the shop it was at and take it to someone else. They didn't know what they were doing. Car sat there for 7 months going into power reduction mode and the guy didn't have a clue how to fix it.
Got the back belts straightened out and with meth and 8 psi, shes at 527whp so going back to the 12.5 is going to send me way over the 550whp goal I wanted but this is a vette i'm playing with . Its a street toy only but had that HP in mind when I started so was looking around to see on several different forums if anyone had a used pully sitting around .... Never in any rush on the car and its running fine now so just throwing it out there. Two trucks but one diesel and the other one is a ZX3 custom American coach but its the GF's.. She came with her own truck..
If I find the 3.2 or 3.3 or cog set and you want that 3.0 its yours... Just going to hold onto it right now until I see if I can drum up one with some dust on it..
Neither likely not open til Tues.
More boost is a bad thing?!? Can't see how overshootin goal is bad, unless your concern is fraggin parts.

...jack shaft head unit then ?

Talk to Chris @ innovators west , ...can custom make you one, he is making me a radix truck style 8 rib 2.7 pulley :d

... Leftcoast32 ...Joe will prob have a jack shaft pulley for you or his quick change hub so you can use a variety of diff. Sized pullies.
What is your current pulley size?
What pulley were u runnin Tim when u were terrorizin the MI streeets? Do u recall, back when u had tranny woes?

... Thats got to be one hauling *** pickup... Vettes are going to fear you. ...
I can assure u it is, & now it's even faster than when I wa in it. Plus, his 4WD makes for killer launches.

Tim has built himself a sweet truck he should be proud of. He keeps it lookin good, & runnin even better.

...The blown truck does run pretty good, I was seeing 12#'s boost when i made the 11.6 run last year, she dynoed at the rear on a hot *** day thru a restrictive single summit muffler. Ive since changed to a 3.5'' exhaust with a straight thru 3.5'' maganaflow, She should be actually about 600 @the rear wheels, I see a peak of 14 psi at end of first gear, but lots of belt slip, so With the Help of my good friend Pat( 03sierraslt) and Joe at Leftcoast, i upgraded to an 8 rib drive setup, and i already have the IW OD crank pulley.

But i had to have IW custom make me an 8 rib blower pulley, waiting on that, hopefully this week, i'd love to see a consistant 14-15 psi! ...
He's being modest.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by leftcoast32
We make a QC Hub conversion for the Jack-Shaft MagnaCharger MP112 and Mp122 blowers. This way you can use the newer style Quick Change Pulleys.

Left Coast 32. Quick Change Jackshaft Hub-MP112/122
I checked out that link Joe, & now u got me wantin any pulley upgrade I can do to make my Radix faster & better. And maybe close the gap betw. it & the superior TVS.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:09 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Fastnblu just add a CAM and you'll be able to keep up with a tvs1900

Quick Reply: Maggie 112 8 rib Pully or 1.1 cog set up