FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Maggie 112 8 rib Pully or 1.1 cog set up

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 04:51 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu

What is your current pulley size?
What pulley were u runnin Tim when u were terrorizin the MI streeets? Do u recall, back when u had tranny woes?
I was running a 2.85 and stock balancer, now i currently have a 2.6 pulley with OD balancer.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TIM Z
I was running a 2.85 and stock balancer, now i currently have a 2.6 pulley with OD balancer.
trav1eso, I did add a cam, albeit a small 1, which is what I wanted, 1 step over stock.

Tim, what kinda boost does a 2.85 & stock balancer net u?

And u said you're at 12# now w/. 2.6 pulley & OD balancer. So if u go to a 2.7 IW, you'll retain the OD balancer, correct?

On the OD balancer part. What boost is just 2.6 pulley on a stock balancer. Then to compare, what does the OD bal. net u?
Old 09-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Tom a OD balancer will net you about 2lb or so, mine was a hair over 2lb.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:14 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The rear pulleys are difficult to change since they need to have the 2 pc hubs pressed on.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Neither likely not open til Tues.
More boost is a bad thing?!? Can't see how overshootin goal is bad, unless your concern is fraggin parts.

:
Vettes not my go fast toy.... Kinda a show car that I had a goal of actually 500whp then I found a hell of a tuner so you know the deal,, and the guy that ordered the IW kit when he found out they didn't have the 3.2 like i wanted and told him to order he didn't call me, he had them send the 3.0. So much for being honest with your money. I"ve had a time with this vette. You would not believe it. I can tell you what shops not to take it to and some are major. ..
Travel most of the time and in a picking but serious note watch the boost gauge at the office hit 40 psi most of the day with a TT. Top of that first photo.. LOL
As much trouble as I've had with the vette and dealing with shops in the past 2.5 years right now I just want it finished, safe, where I can put it on the back burner. Its really all I need now with the 3.90 gear and more than I will use but just wanted to see if I could nail the 550whp mark with a couple of pounds more of boost. She has 527whp and 524 wtq now and a beautiful torque line so the 3.2 over the 3.5 wheel will get me my goal. Its not a pressing thing on the vette to get it there and the tuner said a couple of hundred to touch the tune up with what ever boost I decided but have put it on a couple of forums about the wheel hoping someone had a used one.
Left Coast, if you would please sir, pm me the prices on those two units I would need, the hub and the wheel to get the 3.2 working on the front the maggie 112. Least I'll know where there's a cure so that in itself will be piece of mind and if you can, send the prices on the 1.1 cog set up for the rear two. Both pullies and the belt. Its just standard pullies and belt back there now and that is where my belt slip was with the 3.0 on it. Never fixed it at that shop. Had to move the car. Told ya..
Little story for all you guys on the pickup trucks..
Raised in Tabor City NC. AKA Razor City NC. State line town, so if the cops got behind you and you make the line they could not follow. Just told my age . LOL
Fastest 4 wheel unit in a three country area back in the late 60s and early 70s would have surprised you... It was a pick up truck. Guys name was Tub Gore. 1968 ford long wheel base truck with one of the strongest rouse 427 twin 4 motors that was built back then. Father was a farmer, did well and loved to see his son be the fastest. Well he sure the devil was. Word was it had about 700 hp but Tub would not let you see under the hood but 2 BG 750s stuck out the hood was all we needed to know and nitrous was not invented back then.. Not on the street much anyway. Grew up cruising Myrtle Beach in a rat rod camero mid 70s with the wildest custom paint job you have ever seen. Use to have a beer back then called Strobes. not sure if its still around. They had a custom van come down to the Myrtle Beach car show. The camero placed in front of his van at the show everyone just Knew they would win so been playing with the show toys all my life and still have way to much in these things but its fun when I have the time and I enjoy doing the custom things to all of them. Thats how I relax...

PS Fastnblu. Seen your avitar. All I want to say is YOU D MAN. . LOL

Name:  SAM_0420-1-1.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  54.7 KB

Last edited by liveaboard74; 09-05-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:13 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Damn thats a badd vette! Love the hood!!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Damn thats a badd vette! Love the hood!!
It gets a little attention,,, and thank you sir.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

And again SICK!!!

Thats a sweet spot to purge from. Damn im jealous!!! The rear spoiler and wheels are right on man.

------I spy an old school TPI setup haha! Ive had a couple of those in my day, sickest looking manifold setups till the LSx stuff came out !!!
Old 09-07-2012, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by liveaboard74
Left Coast, if you would please sir, pm me the prices on those two units I would need, the hub and the wheel to get the 3.2 working on the front the maggie 112. Least I'll know where there's a cure so that in itself will be piece of mind and if you can, send the prices on the 1.1 cog set up for the rear two. Both pullies and the belt. Its just standard pullies and belt back there now and that is where my belt slip was with the 3.0 on it. Never fixed it at that shop.
I will send you an e-mail as per the pm you sent. We have the Quick Change Hubs and Front and Rear Pulleys.

The Front Quick Change Hub bolts on and then you can use the QC Pulleys from the TVS Systems. This system is really nice and works great for the Jack Shaft blowers only at this point.

Left Coast 32. Quick Change Jackshaft Hub-MP112/122

We also have a new product (not on the website yet), Rear Quick Change Hubs and they use the 8 Rib RIP Pulleys in Under-Drive, 1 to 1 and Over-Drive. We do not make a COG setup for the MP112/122 Jack Shaft blower.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by leftcoast32
I will send you an e-mail as per the pm you sent. We have the Quick Change Hubs and Front and Rear Pulleys.

The Front Quick Change Hub bolts on and then you can use the QC Pulleys from the TVS Systems. This system is really nice and works great for the Jack Shaft blowers only at this point.

Left Coast 32. Quick Change Jackshaft Hub-MP112/122

We also have a new product (not on the website yet), Rear Quick Change Hubs and they use the 8 Rib RIP Pulleys in Under-Drive, 1 to 1 and Over-Drive. We do not make a COG setup for the MP112/122 Jack Shaft blower.
Thank you sir... That will do it.
Though about something that I have been wondering about that I think you might could answer for me on belts to, with your knowledge of maggies and SC's.
Which belt seems to be better. Magnacharger says Gator back belts but a lot of shops say Gates. What have you had better luck with ..

Quick Reply: Maggie 112 8 rib Pully or 1.1 cog set up