FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Forcing Myself soon

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet!, you have the pick-up truck or a something else? Are you going to get it dyno'ed? I would love to do some 8.1 supercharger comparisons between the two twinscrew manufacturers, it would sure help the ones trying to make a decision on what system to go with. I assume its not a truck, because those guys didn't even want to talk to me when they heard i had the Allison trany, not sure why. What did you pay if you dont mind me askin? Congrats on your purchase!
Old 01-29-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MY KB has been quite reliable. It was toughter to get going but no regrets.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

jamesbond,

I see from your sig, that you are going to add the boost-a-pump soon. Are you finding that you need it? I have been told by a few others (with same truck as me), that the higher flow pump wasnt needed. I think they are only running 5-6lbs of boost though. If so, can anyone recommend a good, high volume, in-tank replacement that wont effect my gauges?
Old 01-30-2006, 11:39 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

You can use an in-line fuel pump, as an option to a boost-a-pump, such as a Walbro 255LPH. I got mine from Racetronix or try one of their retailers. I have a Walbro GSL392 with a Racetronix harness which is really nice. You may also want to uprade your injectors at some point to the MultecII 44#/hr that they sell or some marine 8.1 injectors. If you are ever planning to pulley down you will want to do the fuel sytem upgrades if you are not planning them already ( I can't remember what you discussed earlier in this thread )

On another note I think you may have to plan for some transmission upgrades. Once you get over 100 hp it can put the allison in some kind of limp mode which must be a pain if nothing else. I don't know too much about it but if you go to the GM forum and to the Duramax Diesel Performance you can find out what you need to know. This may be why KB was not interested in talking to you.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Addict

I have already got my injectors (44lb Multec II's) so I am okay in that respect. I will look into the in-line pumps. I have not heard from the others (with the 8.1/whipple combo) that they had any problems with the Allison trany. I will ask around though. Thanks Jim.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Well, the only person who will give you a better deal is Dustin or someone whose name is Whipple. Good luck because the girl is screening his calls. I have tried to call for days and not gotten thru. The old "Leave a number and he will get back to you" is as expected, a total lie. If I were to get a supercharger, it will not be a Whipple no matter how good it is. I am totally fed up waiting for a call as to when their intercooler will be ready. Actually, I am thinking of getting a Ford Expidition seeing as how they are the only diesel SUV on the market. Even if I didn't, I would go with Kenne Bell or at worst case, Radix irrespective of the deal that Dustin can give.

Signed
Sick and Tired of waiting for Whipple to get back to me.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Linda
jamesbond,

I see from your sig, that you are going to add the boost-a-pump soon. Are you finding that you need it? I have been told by a few others (with same truck as me), that the higher flow pump wasnt needed. I think they are only running 5-6lbs of boost though. If so, can anyone recommend a good, high volume, in-tank replacement that wont effect my gauges?
The 8.1 will likely require a boost a pump or in tank pump. My 6.0 runs slightly lean at the top end as the fuel pressure drops so I know it will be a necessity at the track. If you are running 6lbs, a boost a pump should do the trick. Set it to come on right before fuel pressure drop or before it starts to go lean.

Good Luck

Old 01-31-2006, 05:33 AM
TECH Addict

Can someone point me in the direction of a good "How-To" on installing the in-line fuel pump and how to set the on-off times for it also. Is the best way to install it just to cut the line and flare the ends, or do you guys use rubber tube? I wish there was a good "high volume" pump that could replace the pump in the tank without messing up my guages. Im not opposed to dropping the tank if i can find a good replacement pump that will hook right up. That way i wont have to worry about on/off times, it will just operate like a regular pump.

I think I will start a new thread to address this rather than continuing this one forever.

Last edited by Linda; 01-31-2006 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Good News! I placed my order with Whipple today and I should receive my kit by next friday. I took some advice and called back to try to get a larger discount and ended up working out a deal worth about a savings of $1000 on the kit. It will come minus the electronics and injectors. I will get some photo's of the Install and let you all know how it goes. Amazingly enough, i got right through to the guy i was dealing with and everything went very smooth. I am sure some of that had to do with the fact i was about to hand them $3000 too. Thermostat, injectors, and plugs are setting on the work bench now, waiting on the kit to come. Man Am i excited!
Old 02-05-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

looking for some suggestions for guages for my truck once I install the S/C. I plan on installing them (if they will fit) into the overhead console. I figured on the vac/boost guage and the F/P guage. Not crazy about the piller mounting, i think they will look good in the overhead console, sort of like the diesel guys are doing with their edge/juice guage. Thanks

Quick Reply: Forcing Myself soon