FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Forcing Myself soon

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Linda
Just got off the phone with F-body. I have an appointment set up with Jason on Thursday evening. Dont misunderstand me...LOL, i wasnt questioning thier ability to tune....they obviously do a good job judging by the cars and people they had in there, i was just a little worried how much experience they had with trucks is all. The more i thought about it though, there really shouldnt be a lot of difference between tuning a Camaro and a truck as long as you know what what to look for and how to use the software. Looking forward to getting down there on thursday and seeing how we do. Another thing that probably makes a difference is the fact that when we dyno'ed the truck at his place (f-body), we tested it from 1750rpm- 4700rpm and in 3rd gear. When we tested it at the other place, we tested it from 3000rpm-5000rpm and we tested it in 3rd gear with tow/haul engaged so it would hold the gear without kicking down. Pretty sure that would make a difference in the numbers. Thats the way we will dyno it this time for sure. I am set to go in around 4pm, but they have to install the O2 bung as well, so i am sure i will be there for a few hours.
Cool deal, hopefully I'll be able to stop by and check out your ride. These guys have been around the LS1 / LSX scene for awhile now, and that's pretty much all they do, so I'm sure you'll be in good hands.

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
baaahhh...did you see that busted up van I was driving??!!? I thought you were driving slow cuz you didn't want to break down in front of me! U know how those trucks that only go fast on n2o are...they don't know what to do with theirselves when you hit the pedal but don't give them any funny gas!!! LOL hehehe

Are we talking about the same shop here...they have a dyno in there now? The FBody place?
....and as for you....you guy's with your big motors and big blowers better be on your game if you pull alongside this big extended cab with the little 5.3.. Did you ever dyno your truck with the new motor/blower set-up? I'm sure its' making power now that you've got it straightened out. Oh, be careful, sometimes the throttlebodies can stick.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 195 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Linda
here is what must be the new actuator/bypass valve when the kit is ordered without the electronics. This makes it so there is no plugging, blocking, or bypassing needed. Just bolts right up.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/gable74/IMG_1187.jpg
Does it hold the valve open with vacuum, or push it shut with boost?
Old 02-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
Oh, be careful, sometimes the throttlebodies can stick.
It got stuck becuz it got bored. Just driving along at one speed...

no dyno yet. I might dyno it...mid spring if I do.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikegyver
Does it hold the valve open with vacuum, or push it shut with boost?
When the truck is off, the valve is in a different state than when the truck is idling. So i would guess vacuum holds it open, and boost (or less vacuum as the rpm increases) allows it to shut and build boost.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Looks like i am going to have to shoot for Friday over at F-body instead of Thursday. I forgot i had a stupid concert to go to with the old lady that night. When i talk to Jason tomorrow i will let you know what time it will be on Friday if he can switch me.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Okay, got some play time with the truck today, Not sure if its the PCM dialing in or what, but this freakin thing is starting to really come alive. Its spinning something fierce now, and it is pulling through the shifts so strong you dont hardly even feel the rpm change. No miss, no audible pinging, no maxing out the fuel, its just really starting to run really strong. It is incredible when cruising at 30-40mph and i just touch the throttle. It leaps right up and pulls like crazy. I am 100% happier than i was a few days ago, very, very happy. I almost dont want to take it in for the dyno tune its running so well. If they can improve it even more, i am going to have to take a change of underwear with me.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 195 Likes on 152 Posts

Alright!
Old 02-26-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool