FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boosted lq4 first run

Old 04-01-2019, 11:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by megabuddys View Post
Unless I am blind, I saw no mention of what Trans and converter. If you're running a stock converter there is half your problem. Post what you have.
Sorry - 4L80E, 2800 stall converter. I cleaned up the channels on vcm scanner, and I attached the tune as well. Its boosting better, now getting knock so need to clean that up. I drove it around probably an hour or so today, backing off when was KR, oil pressure was above 40psi at idle, and would rise with higher rpms. So that doesn't worry me. Drive ability wasn't horrible, once fix the KR should be good.

I did the voltage offset for the wideband and it matches the gauge.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
log1.hpl (469.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: hpt
3.15.19_egr_o2 sensors.hpt (233.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 04-01-2019, 11:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 192 Posts

Do you have a pending knock sensor code at all?

If you do, that is the reason for the 8 degrees of knock spikes you are getting. When there is a trouble code related to the knock sensors, it will pull the maximum amount of timing allowed set it in the tune file.

If the knock sensors are known to be good and without problems you can disable the code to prevent issues. I've seen brand new sensors and harness still pop the code for some reason.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFDP View Post
Do you have a pending knock sensor code at all?

If you do, that is the reason for the 8 degrees of knock spikes you are getting. When there is a trouble code related to the knock sensors, it will pull the maximum amount of timing allowed set it in the tune file.

If the knock sensors are known to be good and without problems you can disable the code to prevent issues. I've seen brand new sensors and harness still pop the code for some reason.
I just pulled codes and there was a code. Not sure why tho, both are new ac delco brand knock sensors with new harness. Appears to be logging the knock though so looks like they are working correctly.