FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

4l80e+turbo, anything to improve bottom end beside converter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 04:44 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a lot smarter guys on here than me who may have the answer for you. I was just looking through some tune tables and I can't come up with anything that would cause the rpm and speed to flat line and then take off again other than a bad TPS reading. An easy way to see if the TPS is an issue is to pull the air intake hose and watch the butterfly. Have a partner hold the gas pedal down 100% and watch for 30-60 seconds and see if it does anything other than stay wide open. Mind you this is ignition on, ENGINE OFF.
Maybe it only happens when the engine is running but, if you see something with this little test you know where to start looking.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:55 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tuning. Enrichment delay could cause what you are seeing. What cam and any advance?
Old 11-03-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Tuning. Enrichment delay could cause what you are seeing. What cam and any advance?
I don't think it is tune related, as stated earlier it was tuned in person by one of the best (Nelson). It's a stock cam and the advance is whatever Nelson put it at, not sure what it is.

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
There are a lot smarter guys on here than me who may have the answer for you. I was just looking through some tune tables and I can't come up with anything that would cause the rpm and speed to flat line and then take off again other than a bad TPS reading. An easy way to see if the TPS is an issue is to pull the air intake hose and watch the butterfly. Have a partner hold the gas pedal down 100% and watch for 30-60 seconds and see if it does anything other than stay wide open. Mind you this is ignition on, ENGINE OFF.
Maybe it only happens when the engine is running but, if you see something with this little test you know where to start looking.
I'll have to try this out, just to make sure. The issue with it pausing at around 5,500rpm has gone away- but since it hasn't been doing it, it seems to go slower than it does in the video

I'm pretty much giving up on it until I run into more money to throw at it. I'm not taking it to the track in Amarillo as if it's the altitude killing me that would be a waste of money. I plan to take it to Houston December and run it the last test n' tune at Royal Purple raceway
Old 11-04-2011, 07:51 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I may have missed it. But are sure the Tcc isn't just locking up? That will make it feel like its bogging. Also mine with a stock cam never liked to pull over 5500 rpm. You could see I the logs that fuel would level off at that rpm. So I just shifted it early and it felt way better. The ls6 cam was about the same. But when I got this new cam it just pulls and pulls.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Launching!

I typed a long response and posted it but know its gone. Why would it have been deleted?
Old 11-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Launching!

If it were a tcc lockup you would have seen the speedo needle jump during the 'pause'. The part throttle shift hanging and 5k hang are both issues to discuss with the tuner.

Nick

Last edited by VORTECFCAR; 11-28-2011 at 03:19 PM.