Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

2010 2500 6.0 ecsb 4x4 6spd auto stock 360hp anyone done any mods to these new ones

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 08:50 AM
JJB
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 2500 6.0 ecsb 4x4 6spd auto stock 360hp anyone done any mods to these new ones

Just bought a 2010 2500 hd ecsb 4x4 was just wondering if anyone has done any succesful mods to these new ones with the 6 spd auto 6.0 ...has alot more power then than an 06 2500 hd i had but has a lot of lag but once the computer catches up with your foot an hour later it goes ...i hat to do any thing to void warrenty though i got just over 1k miles one her now...I love it though i have to post a pic has wheels tires/ bushwackers/ grill gaurd side trim topper /nerfs, tint the works looks sweet...
Old 09-09-2010, 01:54 PM
10 Second Club

I have the same, a 2010 Sierra 2500HD w/ 6.0 gasser. I really think it needs a tune, but I really don't want to void my warranty. Any other suggestions?
Old 09-25-2010, 04:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

My 2010 was locked until hptuners sent me the new beta and I opened it, tuned the truck and its crazy , but before tuning do the electric fans swap thats alot of power difference, If u want the warranty got a tuned pcm and b4 taking it to the dealer swap to the stock 1 and ur done
Old 09-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Launching!

I had an 07 GMC 2500 HD with the 6.0, it was a lot better that the 6.0 in my '04, but it was still being held back. I had a custom tune done to it and according to the dyno I picked up about 25 hp and about 40 ft lbs tq. It really made a difference having most of the torque control management removed too. It went when you put your foot down and I picked up another mile per gallon in town and on the road. I also had the speed recalibrated for the tires and the speed governor removed. It kept pulling past 120 mph, but the speedo only went to 120 so I backed off.

As far as warranty, on a natrually aspirated gas engine you really don't have to worry like you do on a turbo diesel engine. I even told my service guy at my local dealership not to flash any upgrades since I've got a custom tune, he never gave me any crap, in fact, he wanted to know who did my tune so he could have his truck done too.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:26 AM
JJB
TECH Apprentice

I really does have more power then my 06 but it sounds like it will be better with a tune i might call the dealership and have it checked for warranty ...did you have the 93 octane cause iam only getting 13 miles to the gallon but i keep the cobwebs off of it for sure ...was that the only mod you had done or did you do the cold air intake/ exhaust or any other mods ? thansk for the reply oh and was yours the 6 speed tranny auto? thanks

James
Old 10-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JJB
I really does have more power then my 06 but it sounds like it will be better with a tune i might call the dealership and have it checked for warranty ...did you have the 93 octane cause iam only getting 13 miles to the gallon but i keep the cobwebs off of it for sure ...was that the only mod you had done or did you do the cold air intake/ exhaust or any other mods ? thansk for the reply oh and was yours the 6 speed tranny auto? thanks

James
That was the only mod I did other than put a decent exhaust tip on it. Out here in SoCal we can only get 91 octane, so that's what I had it tuned for - it never pinged. And yes I did have the 6 speed auto. I was waiting for Corsa to come out with an exhaust system for it, but they never did, even though the Corsa rep told me that even if the stock exhaust system is 3-1/2", due to the restriction of the stock muffler the 3" Corsa muffler will flow better. He also said that a system for the OBS 99-07 will fit, it just needs the hangers to be cut and new ones put on by a muffler guy.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Denali Dude
My 2010 was locked until hptuners sent me the new beta and I opened it, tuned the truck and its crazy , but before tuning do the electric fans swap thats alot of power difference, If u want the warranty got a tuned pcm and b4 taking it to the dealer swap to the stock 1 and ur done
Can I get some details on the E-fans that you used? I've looked around for e-fans for my '08 but haven't found too much...
Old 10-08-2010, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We have 04 6.0L crewcab and its slow as can be. The wife has a 2011 denali that freaking flys for suv..

anyway i was on gm web page.. Not sure what it was now.. something GMPP or something like that... I was looking for the plastic covers that go in the door jams. The wifes hills and paint dont mix.... anyway i saw on there a cold air intake kit, and cat back exhaust... Im sure its made by another company but it comes with gm stamp and will not void the warranty..
Old 10-14-2010, 10:28 AM
JJB
TECH Apprentice

finally got 16mpg..Maganflow now has a complete exhaust system now and i know the tunes can be challanging for the tranny computer...CAI is basically a waste of money on a stocker from what ive seen espicially since the MAS is mounted to the housing...I dont know of any handheld tuner available that can tune the tranny on the new ones ...I know a custom tune is better but its the fast switching back to stock that concerns me for warranty work if needed...so looking at handhelds tuners as well ...now has 3 k miles seems to run stronger and stronger ///would love the 100mph limiter taken of right away as well as my bigger tires calibrated ... crappy cell phone pck
Attached Thumbnails 2010 2500 6.0 ecsb 4x4 6spd auto stock 360hp anyone done any mods to these new ones-2010-truck.jpg  
Old 10-14-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 04 4wd Crew cab with some mods. . . I'm still liking it, but the gas mileage sucks !!!!!
cam swap
L92 heads/intake
Lt's with cutouts
stock muffler/cats
05 truck fans

I get 14-15 doing 80-85 with it right now . . . still working on the tune. I still pull a 4300 lbs boat with it and take road trips with it.

Quick Reply: 2010 2500 6.0 ecsb 4x4 6spd auto stock 360hp anyone done any mods to these new ones