PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 12:48 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by schino
Well it sounds like I should get on that game of making some chromoly ones. Heim ends would get you that caster too.

I put most everything in the truck for nitrous but never mounted a bottle. My tuner told me he wanted to pull a couple degrees of timing and we just never did it.
Yea it would be nice to have some. Make'm and I'll check them out.

Your truck looks sick in that sig photo.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
Yea it would be nice to have some. Make'm and I'll check them out.

Your truck looks sick in that sig photo.
What are you doing with the ones you took off?

Thanks man but that's all in the photographer lol

Pm me if you want
Old 11-27-2014, 12:33 AM
8 Second Truck Club

What are you doing with the ones you took off?

Thanks man but that's all in the photographer lol

Pm me if you want
I was just planning on putting them in the dumpster. Why?
Old 11-27-2014, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was just planning on putting them in the dumpster. Why?
If you wanted to sell them/ship them I'd take them off your hands. I could be wrong but they are different then the 08+ trucks right. I could use stockers to fixture off of and make some for you to try out. When you talked of weight savings was that from the stock steel to the tubular ride tech or were you using factory aluminum arms?

Happy thanksgiving
Old 11-28-2014, 12:30 AM
8 Second Truck Club

If you wanted to sell them/ship them I'd take them off your hands. I could be wrong but they are different then the 08+ trucks right. I could use stockers to fixture off of and make some for you to try out. When you talked of weight savings was that from the stock steel to the tubular ride tech or were you using factory aluminum arms?

Happy thanksgiving
The weight savings of 15lbs was the ridetech to the stock steel arms. If you serious and it seems like something you could get done in a reasonable amount of time, PM me your address and I'll ship you the upper and lower off each side and lets see what you can come up with. Some kind of spherical ball joint would be awesome too along with rod ends for mounting points.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:12 AM
8 Second Truck Club

I have had some issues with the mounting holes in the procharger getting worn out, so I decided to time sert all the mounting holes. The holes in the face of the transmission case were no issue, but when I got to the extra 4 holes on the bottom half of the transmission case I noticed that there was not a lot of meat in the tabs at the outer most portion. Anyway, I gave it a go with it rigid mounted in my drill press. Took my time making sure that it was lined up where I wanted and went very slow with the tap and the counter bore for the insert flange. It was a little nerve racking, but I got it done. Here are a few pics, it turned out pretty nice I think.

I was going to do all 4, but really only one needed it. So I decided to only fix that one and not press my luck for now. I'm gonna stud the blower mounts, so with that and all the other holes fixed up with an insert, I should not ever have trouble again. It was a fun little project. You can see in the pics the lack of room to work with. The first two pics are after the hole was drilled with a size X (.397") drill. In the last two, you can see that the counter bore for the insert flange basically goes to the edge of the material.

Name:  IMG_2614_zps198ba3ec.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  1.53 MB

Name:  IMG_2613_zps60ae7e4b.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  1.48 MB

Name:  IMG_2616_zpsfb2bd196.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  1.74 MB

Name:  IMG_2615_zpsd5cb2892.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  1.40 MB
Old 12-05-2014, 07:51 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Any updates on this? Looking forward to it...
Hoping to start on the front end this weekend. I'm not looking forward to the cutting I have planned. Here is a pic of how it sits. I'll post pics as I go.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:53 PM
8 Second Truck Club

I actually got started on it last night. So I may have some pics before then end of the weekend. I'm waiting to get my spindles back from the machine shop so I can mock up the front suspension to figure out how I'm gonna do an upper mount for the coil over. So I can't do that part till I get all the pieces.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:00 PM
8 Second Truck Club

I should have some pretty cool pics of the spindles tomorrow. The madman brake kit is not exactly a bolt on deal (for my truck anyway) and required some machining on the spindles. My machinist called today and told me they were done. 2" drop Belltech spindles weigh 21lbs each. Mine now weight 14lbs each.

Still havent finished all the cutting and welding on the front frame rails.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some machining on the spindles. My machinist called today and told me they were done. 2" drop Belltech spindles weigh 21lbs each. Mine now weight 14lbs each.
WHOA, 33% weight cut. I gotta see this!
Hopefully it was done on a cnc and he saved the program so I can get mine done too, lol. Not sure I'd want to put 4wd through one though.

Quick Reply: Blown06-New Build: Cage, 4-Link, Cog Drive, + Too Much More