Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Installing W4M Performance PCM?'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing W4M Performance PCM?'s

I have a Wait 4 Me Performance PCM on order right now and was wondering if there was anything special I had to do to install it? Do I need to unhook the battery or have the key in or out, or do I simply unplug the stock PCM and plug in the new W4M PCM and I'm ready to go? I will really appreciate any advice so I can get it installed as soon as it gets here.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will want to disconnect the battery before you do anything.
1. Disconnect Battery
2. Pull PCM plastic cover off
3. Unscrew the bolt in each of the harness attachments (7mm I think)
4. Remove stock PCM (there is a metal clip you have to pop loose on top)
5. Install new PCM reversing the above steps.
6. Try to crank.

If it does not start and stay running do this:
1. Disable your headlamps. Attempt to start the vehicle. Vehicle may or may not 'fire' and quit. Some vehicles will not engage the starter. This is normal. DO NOT TURN OFF KEY YET !!
2. Leave the key in the "on" position, until the 'security' light goes out or quits alternately flashing between "Security" and "Battery". This relearn period always takes 10 minutes. How long does this take ? 10 minutes. How long do I have to wait ? 10 minutes.

3. After security light is no longer displayed, shut the key off ! Wait 5-10 seconds and repeat the above procedure (steps 1 through 3) another two complete times for a total of three start-relearn-attempts, remembering to shut the key off between each 10 minute relearn procedure. This will take 30 minutes--no less. If the 4th start attempt fails to start the vehicle you did one relearn step, or all of them, incorrectly. If you left your headlamps on until the battery went dead and voltage dropped below 10.5 volts, no amount of relearn attempts will be learned !!

Don't read too much into this. Most people cannot seem to grasp the simplicity of this relearn procedure.

Last Step:
Drive the truck around, do 2 to 3 doughnuts and a burnout. Smile. The End.