Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

HPTuners VS EFILive

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:08 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
This is reassuring LOL

You did an amazing job on my tune, looking forward to tweaking it more once I get the wideband installed.
Let me share with everyone, my tuning method.......

Name:  impatient-3.gif
Views: 745
Size:  35.4 KB

So far, I haven't had any complaints.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EFILIve is a superior product bottom line period. HPT has its place and we own HPT and use it. We have EFILive, TunerCat, Jet DST, DiabloSport, and about 10 more tuning packages. HPT is beginner friendlier than EFILIve. One reason is HPT has less parameters, but do you need them for a beginner that might be overwhelmed with the tuning process? Bill at HPT has helped me out with a few issues, but Ross has given me more that I could ever imagine in support. I know a lot of people start out with HPT and switch over to EFILIve as they get better at tuning and they need more parameters. HPT charges for Custom OS’s and EFILIve does not. HPT provides a product at a reasonable price that performs a reasonable function and it works, but you will have limits

TunerCat is by far the best for a tuner-shop that knows what they want. We can add in parameters as we feel that we need them. TC has no fees for additional cars, but the package is the most expensive and it does not have scan-ware.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CalEditor@PCMCalibrators
EFILIve is a superior product bottom line period. HPT has its place and we own HPT and use it. We have EFILive, TunerCat, Jet DST, DiabloSport, and about 10 more tuning packages. HPT is beginner friendlier than EFILIve. One reason is HPT has less parameters, but do you need them for a beginner that might be overwhelmed with the tuning process? I know a lot of people start out with HPT and switch over to EFILIve as they get better at tuning and they need more parameters. HPT charges for Custom OS’s and EFILIve does not. HPT provides a product at a reasonable price that performs a reasonable function and it works, but you will have limits
I have to disagree with this blanket statement

While in some applications we may have a few less tables(many unimportant) we have alot of far more important tables in many applications, starter check patches for engine swap applications, hundreds of additional T43 tables and support for applications that efi has no intentions of covering anytime soon.

-Bill
Old 09-02-2011, 01:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by foff667
I have to disagree with this blanket statement

While in some applications we may have a few less tables(many unimportant) we have alot of far more important tables in many applications, starter check patches for engine swap applications, hundreds of additional T43 tables and support for applications that efi has no intentions of covering anytime soon.

-Bill
Correct Bill and HPT is much more user friendly to a beginner
Old 09-02-2011, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

I never would have guessed foff, aka bill @hptuners is biased of hptuner. Why cant you say they are comparable products and put your input in? Instead of being completely one-sided and biased.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
I never would have guessed foff, aka bill @hptuners is biased of hptuner. Why cant you say they are comparable products and put your input in? Instead of being completely one-sided and biased.
I've said it countless times that there are good comparable products out there and all will do the job, I'm simply defending our product and/or backing up what other customers have already stated in this thread.

-Bill
Old 09-02-2011, 06:18 PM
TECH Junkie

I got an idea, answer my questions that you skipped around last time you were in one of these threads?! Which is like 3 threads ago, u haven't posted but 10 posts since then, aka February. Just say they are comparable, both have high points, and low points
Old 09-02-2011, 07:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by foff667
I've said it countless times that there are good comparable products out there and all will do the job, I'm simply defending our product and/or backing up what other customers have already stated in this thread.

-Bill
Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
I got an idea, answer my questions that you skipped around last time you were in one of these threads?! Which is like 3 threads ago, u haven't posted but 10 posts since then, aka February. Just say they are comparable, both have high points, and low points
Didn't he just say that??
Old 09-02-2011, 08:29 PM
traveling mod

Please keep the thread on topic
Old 09-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew383
Please keep the thread on topic
foff is doing fine in this thread, he's defending his product and being civil. Yeh this thread IS doing surprisingly well, I am with andrew, lets keep it that way.