Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Codes and Lights after E-Fan install

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codes and Lights after E-Fan install

04 Sierra w/a 5.3 Here's my Story:
Sunday: put LS1 fans on my truck with a Black Bear Harness... no problems

Monday: Intermitent flashing Battery Not charging, go to check it inthe evening, the light won't come on and everything is fine. Drive it home and it's back to flashing Battery Not Charging.

Tuesday: Take it to my parents to check why it's not charging, move the truck around in the driveway and the light stops flasing and it's charging fine. Then it throws code P0443

Wednesday: Back to Flashing Battery Not Charging and and still has the code P0443

I NEED HELP BEFORE I BURN THIS F**KING TRUCK TO THE GROUND!!!!!! Can you tell it's pissing me off? Thanks!
Old 07-15-2009, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

That code is for evap canister i beleive no relation to the e-fan install. Did you use pin 43 and what is it 34 i think? Or did you tap the a/c wire directly? You could have fucked up another wire in the harness or maybe your battery ground is loose?
Old 07-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Toaders
That code is for evap canister i beleive no relation to the e-fan install. Did you use pin 43 and what is it 34 i think? Or did you tap the a/c wire directly? You could have fucked up another wire in the harness or maybe your battery ground is loose?
I used the pins... I don't rember the numbers of the top of my head, but 43 does sound familiar. Is there a pin that commands the alternator to charge or anything?

What should I look for on the evap side?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Staging Lane

Ok... I THINK that I've solved my problem. Looks like when i put pin 33 in the red (green on my truck) pmc connector I didn't get to lock in and it pushed most of the way back out. Got that Locked in like it should be and so far, no issues.