Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Cleaning fuel injectors 06 silvy 6.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning fuel injectors 06 silvy 6.0

Hello, I wanted to know what is the best way to clean fuel injectors. My engine light is on and at first I had a po300 code. Thats gone after spark splugs and wires now I have the po200 code. Using the a Snapon scanner showed me the misfire history and how the truck is running now. This is how they look now.

Misfire cycles.....

CYL 1____20___ MISS HIST 135643
CYL 2____0 ___ 21
CYL 3____0____ 335
CYL 4____0____ 16
CYL 5____0____ 60
CYL 6____0____ 54
CYL 7____0____ 0
CYL 8____1____ 3817

My question is should I get them all cleaned or replace the ones that are really bad.I just pulled the rails and injectors and instead of switching them around and puting it back together I thought I would ask.....

Please tell me what you think I should do.... #1 and 8 seem to be where the problems are....

Thanks
Pernell

Last edited by pmgm; 10-04-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

I would switch them around first, just to confirm...
Old 10-04-2011, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

easiest and cheapest way is buying and using chevron synthethic fuel injection cleaner.

one time a truck i was about to trade in was misfiring so bad and i called up my best friend who worked at a dealership for advice. he said go buy some chevron synthethic fuel injection cleaner in a black bottle and pour it in. if misfiring dont go away in a block or two, youre gonna have to spend on a tune up. he said its what we use at the dealership to clean fuel injectors, we pour it in, we drive the vehicles several blocks and come park it, have customers wait in the lobby for an hour so we can charge them the hourly rate, call them up and they are ready to go. true story.

after a block, misfiring gone. i swear by it and wont misspend my money on any other fuel injector cleaner. give it try. mix it up good with your gas. let us know results, rob
Old 10-05-2011, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Atomic
I would switch them around first, just to confirm...
I will do that first... If the miss moves with the injector would you clean or replace them?

Thanks
Originally Posted by low2001gmc
easiest and cheapest way is buying and using chevron synthethic fuel injection cleaner.

one time a truck i was about to trade in was misfiring so bad and i called up my best friend who worked at a dealership for advice. he said go buy some chevron synthethic fuel injection cleaner in a black bottle and pour it in. if misfiring dont go away in a block or two, youre gonna have to spend on a tune up. he said its what we use at the dealership to clean fuel injectors, we pour it in, we drive the vehicles several blocks and come park it, have customers wait in the lobby for an hour so we can charge them the hourly rate, call them up and they are ready to go. true story.

after a block, misfiring gone. i swear by it and wont misspend my money on any other fuel injector cleaner. give it try. mix it up good with your gas. let us know results, rob
I might pick up a bottle just in case... Im just trying to get this taken care of while we still have good weather...

Thanks
Old 10-05-2011, 04:42 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Depends if I wanted to upgrade anyway...if not I would try the cleaner, but stock injectors are pretty cheap anyway. If I wanted to upgrade I wouldnt bother with the cleaner.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Truck is stock no mods... So I wouldn't need to upgrade rite now...I will be doing some mods in the spring... I just want to fix the problem rite now..
Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Launching!

Ok... Now im getting pissed... I switched the injectors..

#1 to #3

#8 to #7

The miss did not move. It's still in the same cylinders, What should I check next?
Old 10-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Launching!

move the coils for 1 and 8, check the connectors at 1 and 8 for coils and injectors. there could be broken or loose connections in there. make sure your plug wires are on all the way and in good shape
Old 10-06-2011, 04:24 AM
Destroyer of Transmissions

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your injector wiring connections. I had a similar issue and I squeezed the connections together to make a firmer fit on the injector and it was fixed.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1SlowHoe
Check your injector wiring connections. I had a similar issue and I squeezed the connections together to make a firmer fit on the injector and it was fixed.
Ok.. I will try that...

Thanks

Quick Reply: Cleaning fuel injectors 06 silvy 6.0